a shocking experience this Sunday

Options
lloydrt
lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
WOW, did I get a shocker this Sunday, of all places, at church............Ok, for the first time, in about 4 years ,I was able to kneel on the kneeler at church.....Im Catholic, and they kneel during certain parts of the Mass.....

I had pulled the kneeler down, for the elderly lady next to me, and after about 4 minutes, it hit me..........

I HAD UNCONSCIOUSLY KNEELED WITH HER, ..........lol, too funnny

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought, "Il be damned, I can kneel" It was impossible for a 341 lb man to kneel in the past, and I just did this unconsciously with NO PROBLEM what soever..................totally cool I ve not kneeled for at least 5 years, I just was too fat to kneel and not be able to fit between the pew I was sitting at, and the back of the one in front of me....................wow, totally a mind blower..........

See guys, we can do it........thanks for all the support. Most people would think we were crazy for writing about this, but for us, the people who have been there, we dont take it for granted......... I felt like I hit the lottery.....

Thanks for the support, and lets keep each others back..................Lloyd

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Sometimes its the simple things in life that make you the happiest CONGRATS!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this! Congratulations!

I remember the first time I got out of a car without my cane or help. I just popped right out and then sort of went "whoa...what did I just do?"

awesome! Amazing what having less to carry around with us lets us do.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Lloyd! I'm so happy for you!!!!!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That's great! x
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Yay! It is those "little things" that surprise me along the way that help keep me going!

Mine is noticing that I am crossing my legs more. :)
  • Joscelle
    Options
    Congratulations! I love hearing about successes, but it's the small ones that make me smile! Good job! God thinks so too!
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - congratulations!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! What a huge change :smile: Soon enough you'll be up at the front teaching the little kids' church (stand up, squat, run in a circle, rinse, repeat) ... at least if Catholics' kids' church is like the Methodist and Southern Baptist ones I grew up in :wink:

Great job!!! You rule :smile:
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great Going - it's nice when you notice the little things that just brighten up your days! You deserve to be proud! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great Going - it's nice when you notice the little things that just brighten up your days! You deserve to be proud! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    yes yes!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    thanks for the nice replies.......i

ronically though, I was in that same pew, on Feb 1, 2010, when I was driving down to my cardiologist for the results of all the tests I had ran on me for 2 days at the Heart Hospital......because I was so short winded, I decided to have my heart checked out, which in the end, runs like a clock

I stopped in this same church on the way to my doctors office and said a prayer, that He would help me, I was scared, and I was depending on Him to help me...............I needed help..

We thought maybe I had heart problems, and it wasnt .......I had exercise induced asthsma, ....whew, I was sure I had heart disease, and turns out my short breath was due to the amount of weight I was carrying, but to me, I just knew I had heart disease, like my mom and grandparents did.......

So I made a promise that morning in that chuch, that if He allowed me to live, I swear to lose the weight.........in that very same pew,

Now , 8 months later, I was able to kneel and to "Thank Him" for allowing me to live and lose the weight.......I was so scared 8 months, that I would need surgery on my heart or something more serious that would cause me to have to require surgery

I was 341 and had hi blood pressure. You can imagine how scared I was.........

To the folks who are 100, 200 lbs over weight, all I can say is YOU CAN DO IT.........HAVE FAITH, you can......I did

Thanks for all the nice comments , Im not one of the most religious persons around, but I gotta tell ya,

He was there for me,,.........Im the winner in all of this................Lloyd
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful place to have such and experience. I think the Lord was smiling at you reminding you of how far you've come. Congratualtions!

I just read your post above mine and it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • davebarron
    Options
    Woohoo! It's often the simplest things that give us the most pleasure. Congratulations :)
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    thanks for the nice replies.......i

ronically though, I was in that same pew, on Feb 1, 2010, when I was driving down to my cardiologist for the results of all the tests I had ran on me for 2 days at the Heart Hospital......because I was so short winded, I decided to have my heart checked out, which in the end, runs like a clock

I stopped in this same church on the way to my doctors office and said a prayer, that He would help me, I was scared, and I was depending on Him to help me...............I needed help..

We thought maybe I had heart problems, and it wasnt .......I had exercise induced asthsma, ....whew, I was sure I had heart disease, and turns out my short breath was due to the amount of weight I was carrying, but to me, I just knew I had heart disease, like my mom and grandparents did.......

So I made a promise that morning in that chuch, that if He allowed me to live, I swear to lose the weight.........in that very same pew,

Now , 8 months later, I was able to kneel and to "Thank Him" for allowing me to live and lose the weight.......I was so scared 8 months, that I would need surgery on my heart or something more serious that would cause me to have to require surgery

I was 341 and had hi blood pressure. You can imagine how scared I was.........

To the folks who are 100, 200 lbs over weight, all I can say is YOU CAN DO IT.........HAVE FAITH, you can......I did

Thanks for all the nice comments , Im not one of the most religious persons around, but I gotta tell ya,

He was there for me,,.........Im the winner in all of this................Lloyd

God is good, he is the giver and sustainer of life. We have a part to play in it by accepting that whatever we have is not just for US. This dust and bone we spirits are clothed with are momentary but they are the temples that hold the breath of life.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    It is the little things sometimes that bring the biggest joys.
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That brought tears to my eyes. That is SO awesome! Keep it up! Thanks for posting!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    WOW, did I get a shocker this Sunday, of all places, at church............Ok, for the first time, in about 4 years ,I was able to kneel on the kneeler at church.....Im Catholic, and they kneel during certain parts of the Mass.....

I had pulled the kneeler down, for the elderly lady next to me, and after about 4 minutes, it hit me..........

I HAD UNCONSCIOUSLY KNEELED WITH HER, ..........lol, too funnny

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought, "Il be damned, I can kneel" It was impossible for a 341 lb man to kneel in the past, and I just did this unconsciously with NO PROBLEM what soever..................totally cool I ve not kneeled for at least 5 years, I just was too fat to kneel and not be able to fit between the pew I was sitting at, and the back of the one in front of me....................wow, totally a mind blower..........

See guys, we can do it........thanks for all the support. Most people would think we were crazy for writing about this, but for us, the people who have been there, we dont take it for granted......... I felt like I hit the lottery.....

Thanks for the support, and lets keep each others back..................Lloyd

:drinker: What I feeling! I wish I was there to give a huge hug! :smooched:

I remember running a mile on the treadmill w/o thinking. I had started just to see what I could do, then did what I NEVER thought I could and ran a mile. I turned left, then right.......no one to hug and jump up and down with.........so I WOOTED!!! right there.......someone passing high fived me...

I guesss a WOOT during Hail Mary would not have gone over too well though, huh?:blushing:
  • aujourdhui
    Options
    I LOVE that you shared this. As someone who hasn't been to mass in a long time, I remember that uncomfortable feeling when everyone seemed to kneel so easily. I had an AHA moment today too. My pants have been kind of big and they are all torn up, but I have been putting off replacing them, maybe because I didn't want to disappoint myself if I failed? I was talking with this guy at the gym today and he was like so have you noticed your clothes fitting differently? And I had to think about it to talk out loud about it, and I was like, well yeah. I should go shopping for some new pants and I guess I should get a 42 since the 44s are too big for me. And then it hit me- I'm actually going down to a size I haven't been in since I was a teenager. All this time, I was thinking that my pants were getting too big, but I hadn't thought of what that meant- that I would be shopping for a different, (smaller) size. When I started working out I was a 48 and they were tight. All I wanted to do was stop the direction I was headed in... I had no idea that I would actually succeed and reverse some too... Thank you again for sharing, I appreciate you being here too. :smile:
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I know when I have been heavier my knees would hurt bad when I kneel. I can always tell in my knees how much I weigh. I am excited for you!! You will be like your old self soon!! You will have to show us the before and after photos, keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!