Potatoes

Options
Good or not during weight lost?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Good. It's one of the most satiating foods per calorie that you can find, beating rice, pasta, bread, fruit etc...

They fill you up.

However, like any food - if it sends you over your calories allowance, it's not so good. but then again, same with broccoli.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I had tons of them. Never stopped me losing :-)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    If they fit your macros, eat them. Nothing wrong with potatoes.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Good. It's one of the most satiating foods per calorie that you can find, beating rice, pasta, bread, fruit etc...

They fill you up.

^ Agree. Weigh 'em, log 'em, eat 'em.
  • Awesome!!!!!!!
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Best potato salad ever:
    2-3 red potatoes cut or sliced
    Sprinkle salt n pepper and a clove of chopped garlic
    Roast at 425 degrees about 25 minutes until golden brown (this step is important)
    Put 'em into a bowl and add fresh cut dill, tbsp light omega mayo, chopped pickle (or cucumber) and a chopped shallot
    I serve this with green beans usually. It rocks!
  • pensfan1
    pensfan1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes. I have one most nights of the week with dinner. As long as I weight them and log them, I plan to keep eating them.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Same here. They dont make me bloat like rice does and I love the different varieties. As long as I log the weight accurately and fit them into my daily cal allowance they are fine.... Bread and rice for me are far worse!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Same here. They dont make me bloat like rice does and I love the different varieties. As long as I log the weight accurately and fit them into my daily cal allowance they are fine.... Bread and rice for me are far worse!
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Best potato salad ever:
    2-3 red potatoes cut or sliced
    Sprinkle salt n pepper and a clove of chopped garlic
    Roast at 425 degrees about 25 minutes until golden brown (this step is important)
    Put 'em into a bowl and add fresh cut dill, tbsp light omega mayo, chopped pickle (or cucumber) and a chopped shallot
    I serve this with green beans usually. It rocks!

Stealing this for tonight!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    flippin fantastic.!!!
  • helena_jj
    helena_jj Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It is not very good for dieting. It has high glycemic index, and our body uses our fat when we have middle level of glucose in the blood. So the potato at first increases it very highly, and then it drops back too quickly, so the phase when the fat is consumed is too short in time. The glicemic index of potato depends also on the way the potato was processed. If it is boiled with skin potato, it has less glycemic index than it is mashed potatoes. And it should be eaten before 4pm no matter what, if I want to loose weight. The nutritionist told me this information. So boiled in skin potato is ok, but who likes it...
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I eat potatoes all the time n I'm still losing. I usually bake them though.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are yummy! As long as they fit within your macros/calorie goals, enjoy them!
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    Eat all the potatoes.

I am Irish.

NOM.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/questionsandanswers/a/potatoglycemic.htm

Get some better advice than what folks are telling you here. potatoes don't belong in a diet plan.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes in skin - but roasted with olive oil and garlic. I have eaten a lot of them on my journey here. Really help fill me up and haven't hurt my weight loss as long as i fit it in my calorie goal for that day.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've always loved potatoes in almost any form, but they are rather high on the glycemic index so I try to limit them now only eating them a couple times a week and limiting myself to one single baked potato or perhaps a small portion of mashed potatoes (completely gave french fries).
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A microwave Russet or Sweet Potatoes is often part of my dinner. I way them before I buy them so I know how to calculate calories. A potato with cheese and Brocolli is one of my favorite dinners.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I eat them almost every day.