Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Very well done. You must feel great!
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And, thanks, also, for your open diary. I always like to peek and see what people in the Success Stories thread were eating to get them where they are now.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an amazing job well done - you look fabulous!
  • DarthMom280
    DarthMom280 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done!
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, it feels great to have your hard work validated :o)

Mournemaid: Yes, this pretty much all happened since the end of May. As I mentioned, when I started, I was about 10 lbs lighter than my "before" picture, but I hadn't exercised in over 2 years. So you can basically envision the same flabby body just slightly smaller ("the girls" were probably the most changed since this pic was taken as I was still nursing my daughter then). These were my measurements the day I started and now:

Hips: 42.5"
    > 36.5"
    Waist: 34"
    > 29"
    Bust: 36.25"
    > 32.25"
    Thigh 24.25"
    > 20"
    Calf 15"
    > 13.75"
    Arm 12.75"
    > 11"

Can I ask how many times you did the 30ds? If a few times, did you break in between? Did you do it every day or like 5 x per week? I have thought about buying it but I go away once a month and I know I will have days I just can't fit it in with being a mom and having two jobs.

I did 30DS just once. (Will be starting again when my mom is through borrowing it!) I started it May 31st and I finished it on July 23. So I averaged about 4 or 5 days each week doing the video. The 30DS video is broke down into 3 sections (Levels 1,2 & 3). I did each Level for 10 days before I moved on the next Level. I also power walked about once a week for 45 minutes (with my mom) while I was doing that video because I was trying to get her to start working out too :o) I didn't take any set break between each Level, because I was not doing them for 10 days straight.

I did my best to follow Jillian's "advanced" example, but if I couldn't, I did the beginner move for the first 5 days then pushed myself to do the advanced for the last 5 days. I also found that this workout travels well. We took a week long family vacation and I took the dvd with me. I used the kids' portable dvd player and took my 5 lb and 8 lb hand weights with me. That's all the equipment you really need. I used the motel's exercise room to do the workout so as not to disturb the room below with my jumping up and down.

The most wonderful thing about that video is how much Jillian accomplishes in such a short workout. Every exercise works multiple body parts (working triceps while in a squat position to work the glutes, etc.) I can totally understand having a tough time fitting it all in a day, but with 30DS, you really can. It literally takes 25 minutes from start to finish and that includes both a warmup and cool down.

After 30DS, I did Jillians' Ripped in 30 and am now doing her No More Trouble Zones workout.

Good luck to you all on your weight loss journeys!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you look great! and gave me the motivation i needed to do the 30Ds (i wasn't sure it was for me)
  • Melai17
    Options
    you look amazing! I want to be like you. I am up to 147 lbs. I used to weigh at 120-125 lbs. I am new here and would like to know if brisk walking will help me achieve my desired weight goal of 120lbs. I cannot jog as my head aches whenever I run. I can only do brisk walking. But honestly i am lazy exercising. May I know what were you eating to achieve this look or you are just following the 1200 daily calorie? Thanks in advance.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! congrats... how tall are you
  • PippiNe
    Options
    I'm 5' 4". My hubby swears I look taller now that I am thinner, so that's a good thing :o) As for what I was eating, I love my breakfast cereal, so I usually ate a very large bowl of Cheerios each morning. Lunch and supper varied depending on what I was feeding the family. I usually ate the same meals they did, just smaller portions. However, some meals we'd have that were processed (like frozen pizza, hot dogs or burritos) I'd eat leftovers of something healthier or a chef salad. I tried to keep hardboiled eggs on hand at all times as well as some grilled chicken or roasted turkey. I eliminated most bread from my diet, I ate hamburger patties with no bun, wraps instead of sandwiches. Or if I had to have a sandwich, I'd eat only half of one. I kept a loaf of whole wheat in the freezer and just took it out a slice at a time when I needed one. The calories in bread were just not worth it to me to eat. I usually did not eat potatoes if I served them unless they were baked (no scalloped or mashed).

Melai17: I'm sure brisk walking could help you reach your goal. The biggest thing is eating at a calorie deficit. The exercise will help speed up the process and help make sure you like the way your body looks when you reach your goal, but exercise alone will not usually burn enough calories for you to lose weight without cutting back your calories.
  • jrfit79
    Options
    Thank you for your post!!!! You are absolutely inspiring and make me want t keep going with Jillian's DVDs....going to order No More Trouble zones....I have already been doing the other two. I need to just keep going like you did!!! Thank you!!!!
  • PippiNe
    Options
    You're welcome jr :o) NMTZ is completely strength training, so I've been mixing in different cardio on off days. (2 days NTMZ, 2 days cardio, repeat). Right now I'm just using videos I have around here (P90X Plyometrics and KenpoX or running outdoors.) However, I ordered a couple of videos online and can't wait til they get here. I prefer half hour workouts to those hour long P90X ones.
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow!! amazing!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    You're welcome jr :o) NMTZ is completely strength training, so I've been mixing in different cardio on off days. (2 days NTMZ, 2 days cardio, repeat). Right now I'm just using videos I have around here (P90X Plyometrics and KenpoX or running outdoors.) However, I ordered a couple of videos online and can't wait til they get here. I prefer half hour workouts to those hour long P90X ones.

how long is no more trouble zones?
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Super job!!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    WOW - absolutely amazing and very encouraging!! :drinker:
  • candicelh79
    candicelh79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe how fast you toned and lost weight! Your such an inspiration. I glanced at your diary and it seems like your still able to enjoy tasty food too. I have a quick question...When you said "As many have advised and I now understand, I needed to eat back my workout calories too. So for the past 3 months I've eaten anywhere from 1400-1500 calories a day and burned off about 250-350 in exercise. " Was your weight loss changed when you added the extra calories?

Thanks for your help, I have similar weight loss goals.
  • Melai17
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. You are right there are times when we ruin our diet but there is always another day to begin. I forgot to ask, are you updating everyday fitness pal what you were eating from the day you began or you just cut back everything? I will do it and I hope before the holiday I am already thin. I feel like losing 28 pounds is unreachable but yes nothing is impossible. Thank you!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look fantastic!!!
  • mauisnj
    Options
    Wow! you look great! I always wonder how difficult it is to get real results with workout videos. I might just have to try this one!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!