Birthday weekend badness. Is everyone this way?

Options
2»

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    No calorie limits on birthdays, your body knows it's your birthday and doesn't create fat from excess calories for that day!

Source: Shut up!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I ate 5,000 calories on my birthday (April 1). Straight back on the wagon the next day, and still continued to lose.

If you are disciplined and plan diet break days, there is no reason for them screw you up.
  • forthehungergames
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! There's no such thing as "bad" with your eating, this is normal eating : ) (I say this because labelign food as good or bad can sometimes harm you more than do you good)

Otherwise you'll be back on track before you know it!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I had fully loaded nachos, funnel fries, a mojito and a bloody mary and AYCE sushi over the weekend but it wasn't my birthday. :drinker: I personally think that it's good to indulge once in a while esp. on your birthday.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I am pretty sure you will be able to get back on track the next day. :) I did the same thing on my bday and I saw a weight loss still! Don't know how but I am not going to question it!

Happy Birthday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Gw3nJa
    Gw3nJa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I ate 5,000 calories on my birthday (April 1). Straight back on the wagon the next day, and still continued to lose.

If you are disciplined and plan diet break days, there is no reason for them screw you up.

Another April fools baby! I'm not alone!

Back to the subject. I personally feel it's fine to enjoy your b-day however you see fit. Just work it off the next week or so. In general don't give up because you might have over did it. Btw happy birthday!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Its your birthday, Enjoy every single mouthful..........The beers the food etc

Then get back on it next week.........No biggy!!!!! : )
  • modernshieldmaiden
    Options
    Dude, it's your birthday, if there's a good time to have fun and do what you want that's it. And don't guilt yourself!

I've gone way over on calories all weekend and it's not even my birthday, it's my boyfriend's, haha.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I like to enjoy it, and it only happens once a year, so I figure, what the heck! As long as you're prepared for the scale to go up (but that weight will probably come off fairly quickly when you're back on track). Just enjoy yourself and happy birthday!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My feeling is always MODERATION!! Enjoy your birthday, Have cake and ice cream, but not large portions. Enjoy a great meal, but not hugh portions because ultimately we are going to pay the price. Once we get acustomed to moderation, it isn't a big deal.
    Depending on where you are on your program, this MFP thing isn't a prison sentence. If you are trying to lose 20 lbs, it isn't like the person who is trying to lose 100 lbs!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Basil
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    No calorie limits on birthdays, your body knows it's your birthday and doesn't create fat from excess calories for that day!

Source: Shut up!

Totally. It's from the Journal of Fabulous Nutrition. 'The psychological birthday buffer is an extraordinary and as yet unexplained phenomena: studies suggest that the feeling of happiness and wellbeing generated by presents and being surrounded by friends and family does not merely create a figurative feeling of 'warmth', but actually heats up the body to the extent that all excess calories consumed instantly evaporate' - Dr Dave Fabulous.

Happy birthday everyone!
  • DCruz83
    Options
    Happy birthday... and nah, it's all good when it's once or twice in a week. Just don't expect to lose anything, might even gain slightly, but honestly the few times when I've let myself go somewhat (without any special occasions) that's what happened. If you keep up your healthy habits afterwards don't worry and just enjoy it all!