Fitness DVD Ideas

Options
Ok, I am looking at the 30 Day Shred and would love feedback. I want a fitness DVD that doesn't take an hour since I have to get up in the morning and work-out before I go to work. I have two kids at home (one 10 years and one 18 month old) and I HATE taking time away from them at night to work-out. I have been doing cardio in the morning but am hearing so much about how people are doing P90X and Insanity and 30 day shred and loving it. So any ideas on which one works in less time or is there a better one out there? I want something that is about 30-45 min. (I like to sleep as long as possible). I am LOVING reading all the success stories on here and really want to challenge myself. Any ideas/suggestions/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! :happy:

Replies

• ItsNatastic
    ItsNatastic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Before I started P90x I was doing Tony Hortons 10 minute trainer. It is awesome! The workouts are 10 mins each and for accelerated results the program suggests 3 10 minute workouts per day. At first I didnt think 10 mins would do anything but after about 3 weeks I had results I could see on my body and on the scale! Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred! I also like the 10-minute-solutions videos.
  • rodney73
    Options
    30 day shred has turned a life long exercise phobe into someone who actually enjoys it. It was tough , so tough at first , had to switch it on and off but a week later I got some toning visible on my tummy, three weeks and I wasn't sweating buckets and felt amazing.
    I have now got her new DVD ( in UK ) Boost Metabolism Banish Fat and am actually excited.
    Go for it with the 30 d shred, stick with it , it is amazing and gets results.
  • butterscotchice
    butterscotchice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Insanity by Beachbody also has workouts that range anywhere between 35-50 minutes. These are very heavy intensity, but it is well worth the time. I love it!!! It is worth a try if you want a real physical challenge. Good Luck!!!!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Then challenge yourself to get out of bed earlier.
    Haahaa - I'm kidding.
    I started with 30 Day Shred. I also have Yoga Meltdown, No More Trouble Zones (about 55 minutes but my absolute favorite total body work out), Burn Fat Boost Metablism By Jillian.
    I always thought that 1/2 hour work out was what I wanted too. Now, it's not enough for me, but that is what I started with. Now I like the hour work outs.
    I just got Tae Bo - Billy Blank - LOL - from back in the day - cracks me up.
    I also pull some work outs from P90X - I like the Kenpo one right now.
    Those are the DVD's that I have and like.
    Steph
  • hkuiuc99
    hkuiuc99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I saw results with 30 day shred...its a great DVD!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 60 lbs using "The Firm" dvd's I also like Biggest Loser dvd's!!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome.. but they're all about an hour. I workout in the AM too before I leave at sevenm for school. I started using Chalean Extreme, which is also from beachbody. They're all between 30-45 minutes. I love it so far!
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love all the Biggest Loser videos!!

30-Day Jump Start
    Last Chance Workout
    Power Sculpt
    Cardio Max
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I also just started ChaLean Extreme and am loving it! The workouts are 35-45 minutes long but they feel much shorter.

I'm also a huge fan of the 10 Minute Solution DVDs that someone mentioned earlier, especially the Knockout Body one! (Kickboxing-based).

For cardio, I also enjoy the Laila Ali/Sugar Ray boxing workout DVDs.

So many great videos to choose from and so little time! Best of luck!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of feedback about 30 day here on the message boards. You can use the search marker at the top.