It's so you can save for recipies
  • lkcowgirl88
    lkcowgirl88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, I'm not sure what I'm going to try first....

Thanks for all the recipes!
  • Want2bHealthE
    Want2bHealthE Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yumm! Bump :)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    my little girl LOVES apple sauce, so I thought hmmmmm... might I mix a little pumpkin in to get her to eat yet another vegetable...and whala....she loved it.....
  • brice02
    brice02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the pumkin recipes, they sound delicious.

I have to share my favorite dip, however it is not low cal at all but very yummy!

PUMPKIN SPICE CREAM CHEESE SPREAD

4 oz cream cheese, softened
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
    ¼ cup canned pumpkin
    ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
    ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract

1. In a small bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar and syrup till creamy.
    2. Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla, beat till smooth.
    3. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
    4. Enjoy
  • joleanrook
    Options
    I like to mix libby canned pumpkin into all kinds of stuff. Add it to cake mix or pancakes, mix it into puddings, and drop a dollop in your chili or stew for a very subtle fall flavor.
    I especially like to make it according to the can (low fat substitutes and splenda) add cinnamon microwave in a bowl and top with 2 tbsp of Cool whip lite. Omg.... so good. And if you have spare calories that day try eating it with a couple of gram crackers crumbled on top - enjoy the taste of the pie and it never shows up on your thighs!!!

Also, if you're carving this year be sure to scoop out those seeds, rinse them off and bake them!!! I drizzle with a tiny bit of honey and then sprinkle with red chili flakes - makes a super sweet and spicy snack! (I do the same with almonds).

HAPPY EATING!
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE pumpkin recipe is one that I got from Weight Watchers and have been eating it for like the last 2 weeks (until the store ran out of pumpkin)

Pumpkin Fluff (already in the database too!)

1 (160z) can of pumpkin filling
    1 container of fat-free Cool Whip
    1 package of instant fat-free Vanilla, or Butterscotch, or Cheesecake, or Banana Cream (whatever you want)
    OPTIONAL: some milk to thin it out a bit, nutmeg, cinnamon (whatever spices you want)

Directions:

Thaw out Cool Whip for a bit, then mix pumpkin, cool whip and pudding together.
    THAT'S IT!

(what I like to do is just mix it and then put it back into the cool whip container. It usually fits perfectly!)
  • shannon1080
    Options
    Here's one of my new favorites - Pumpkin Muffins

1 box of Spice Cake Mix
    1 can of canned pumpkin.
    1 C water
    1/2 bag of Cinnamon Baking Chips. (Hersheys' makes them)

Mix everything together and bake @ 350 for 20 mins. You can make it as a cake or as muffins.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Did you know that you can substitute a can of pumpkin for the oil & eggs in a chocolate cake. It cuts calories & adds protein, but it does not make the cake taste like pumpkin... :)

It also really bumps up the fiber :laugh:
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :happy:
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Bump for later
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump! I've just started cooking with pumpkin this year, and I can't get enough!
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yay! thanks!!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Someone at work today told me to add one small can pumpkin to the sugar free devils food cake mix (add NOTHING else) and when you bake it they are like brownies.......I must try these
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Someone said something about adding canned pumpkin to chocolate cake mix insead of the eggs and oil. I've only tried it mixed with spice cake mix and it is awsome!!
  • mhoward1982
    mhoward1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I have been completely hooked on canned pumpkin recently.

I put a can of pumpkin in a bowl, add Splenda, pumpkin pie spice, extra cinnamon (there's already some in the spice mix), a sprinkle of fat free sugar free vanilla pudding mix, a half cup of old fashioned oats, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a splash of unsweetened Almond Breeze. I mix it up and microwave it for a few minutes until the oats are softened and the aroma engulfs my kitchen.. I ate it for dinner tonight and my stomach is so happy. :)
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    why canned!??? fresh is so much more awesome & healthy!
    I baked a small pumpkin last week, used half of it for an awesomely delicious cream of pumpkin soup (chopped up celery, onion, leek, apple, a TON of fresh rosemary, bio vegetable cube, water, - boil all this, add cubed baked pumpkin boil again, then blend. its sooooooo yum)
    last night i cubed the other half of the pumpkin and heated it on coconut oil, with green pepper and curry sauce. and more fresh rosemary. by the end of a small bowl i was so full i couldn't eat anything else for the rest of the day and according to the food diary this only cost me about 200 calories.

GOOOOO PUMPKIN
  • Invisible2you
    Options
    All these pumpkin recipies sound sooo good!