Protein Powders for Women

Options

Replies

• TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing on you just mean a Protein powder with just protein in it I would suggest the Syntrax nectar like others have stated.

There are some over priced proteins for women with stimulants and other things for weight loss but I'm pretty sure if you bought a mens diet protein it would have the same stuff!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Bulking will result from the quantity of protein (powder) consumed not the quality. You are being played like a violin if you are paying extra money to get "protein powder for women".
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I had no idea. Thanks everyone! I really, really appreciate the knowledge and the feedback. In the past, I always thought it helped with bulking lol. I really did. learn something new every day. I only use it in my morning shake/smoothies as I'm a meat eater so I get lots of protein there. I will take note of all the fun, yummy types you guys have given me and I'll run from there. I need to go to the store and get some today as I ran out Friday and have been looking for a new one since Wednesday.

Thanks again.
    Namaste,
    Nika
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    We have a Drug Emporium here......you can buy a lot of the protein powders in individual packets. I suggest you do this until you find the one you like. That way you have not invested in a large tub of something that you do not like.......The one I like the best is INJURY but you have to order it online. They supply to WLS patients.......which I'm not one, but I like their product.....Good Luck!
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    <--- that's what man protein does.
  • UserConfirmed
    Options
    BioTrust Low Carb is the one I'm currently taking. I use it not to bulk up but to reduce my recovery time after a workout from 72 hours to 48 hours.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I haven't found one that works for me yet. I tried the Now Sports and it made me itch.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I think I need to change my pants.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition. I like the chocolate --- it is good in milk and water. The vanilla is good too, I use it in my cereal milk. The cookies and cream isn't bad, but I like the chocolate much better.

Not too expensive either. About $25 for the 2 pound container.
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Now that we have covered that protein isn't gender specific and that most of it is advertising gimmicks...here are some suggestions for certain proteins that I have found for certain goals I've had in the past:

Lower Calorie & Lower Carb - Isofuel in cake batter flavor. Delicious and only 104 calories for 25 g of protein and 1 carb
    Muscle Guage Whey in chocolate peanut butter - 110 calories for 24 g protein and 1 carb

Great Taste, moderate level of calories and carbs - Myofusion in Cinnamon Bun flavor. YUM!!! 130 calories and 25 g protein, 9 carbs

Lactose and Gluten intolerant - Egg white protein
    Vegan 80% protein Brown Rice Protein by Nutribiotic - vanilla flavor 24 g protein, 120 calories and 4 carbs.

Hope this helps...It helped me go from skinny fat to ....
    <---- This
  • Sharmanlyne
    Sharmanlyne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Out of all the posts I've read, I think this one is by far the best...What a wonderful suggestion in lieu of buying a bulk of something you might not like...I will try this option myself.
  • Sharmanlyne
    Options
    We have a Drug Emporium here......you can buy a lot of the protein powders in individual packets. I suggest you do this until you find the one you like. That way you have not invested in a large tub of something that you do not like.......The one I like the best is INJURY but you have to order it online. They supply to WLS patients.......which I'm not one, but I like their product.....Good Luck!
  • Sharmanlyne
    Options
    Out of all the posts I've read, I think this one is by far the best...What a wonderful suggestion in lieu of buying a bulk of something you might not like...I will try this option myself.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I'll take some!

I have fat legs...or so I've been told
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I like Syntha 6 chocolate milkshake.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    "IN" for women who chug protein shakes and have bulky manly legs.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    any protein powder that comes in a pink container should be just fine for women.

:flowerforyou:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Whey Isolate Dymatize- I like the Smooth Banana and it has the lowest calories for the most protein grams I have seen -- like 106 calories! I mix it with water to keep the calories low and it tastes good!
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    in for Cellucor I recommend the cinnamon swirl for proats.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I think I need to change my pants.
    Why? Too much man protein? :laugh: