5k - I'm a runner!

Options
MrsC160
MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
I took part in my first 5k yesterday.

My goals were simple. 1) finish in 45 minutes. 2) do not finish last place.

I am proud to say - 1) I finished in 42:30. 2) I finished 306 out of 360 people.

Icing on the cake - I also did not finish last in my age group! 26th out of 30 people.

I jogged most of the course with a few walking breaks.

My next goal is a 10k in the spring of 2014 with no walking breaks.

I am a RUNNER!

Replies

• jennyc1270
    jennyc1270 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I have my first next month and have the same exact goals. Glad to know they are achievable.

Keep up the good work.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Awwww-- :cry: :heart: you are indeed!

So happy for you!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! My goal was to do a 30 minute 5K. I did my first one in June and finished in about the same time you did; it was a really hilly course and I was NOT ready. Still haven't made the 30 minute goal (not even on a treadmill) and I find it really hard to call myself a "runner" but I guess we all have to start somewhere, right? Keep up the good work1
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great job! :) I just finished my app/training and hope to follow in your footsteps at my first race. What an accomplishment! :)
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats and keep up the hard work...running isn't easy - good luck with your 10K goals
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! My goal was to do a 30 minute 5K. I did my first one in June and finished in about the same time you did; it was a really hilly course and I was NOT ready. Still haven't made the 30 minute goal (not even on a treadmill) and I find it really hard to call myself a "runner" but I guess we all have to start somewhere, right? Keep up the good work1
    “If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”

― John Bingham

You're a runner. Don't let nobody tell you differently-- not even yourself.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep going!

P.S.- you were a runner the day you started running :P
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good job! I'm so excited to 'feel' like a runner, instead of a walker with the occasional jog :P
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    congratulations! proud of you and i don't even know you! you have to start somewhere! you finished ahead of a lot of people i've seen in other 5Ks....over an hour, etc....
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! What a superb achievement :-)

and you became a runner the day you decided to put one foot in front of the other :-)
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    “If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”

― John Bingham

You're a runner. Don't let nobody tell you differently-- not even yourself.

**** This and more!! Great job!!!
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! What a superb achievement :-)

and you became a runner the day you decided to put one foot in front of the other :-)

** Exactly!!! Just put one foot in front of the other!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have a similar goal for a 5K in November. Congrats on your success!
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing achievement, congrats!!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    YAY for you!!! Love the goals you set for yourself, and that you met them. You should feel very proud of what you've done, and what you will do.
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I have my first race in October and have similar goals! My goal is to finish it in 33 minutes.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a huge accomplishment!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are a runner!!!! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!