In need of some major support...

Options
13»

Replies

• spaceyplum
    spaceyplum Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Forget about everyone else and do it for yourself girl! I'd love to offer any support I can... welcome to the club! :D
  • catelinn
    Options
    I'd be delighted for you to add me, I've nearly reached my goal, but I'll be logging on even when it's just for maintenance, and I would be very supportive, I think your going to do great :)
  • kruella40
    Options
    Four pounds is great! t's four pounds less you have to lose, right? :wink:
  • Jaided35
    Options
    As I am sure I will get some negative comments for this, I truly think weight loss surgery is not the way to go. I know about 8 people that have had this and have gained half if not all the weight back not to mention have had various health problems associated with the surgery. Yes, sure it will help you lose the weight but you have to keep doing what the doctors tell you or you will be right back where you started. I feel it is the "lazy" way to lose weight. I'm in Canada and it is very hard to get this surgery without jumping through hoops. You have to log all your food for 3 months (which is to weed out the people who just eat junk and expect surgery to change that), take some classes and get a psych evaluation.

I think you should start small: logging food, make healthy food choices, do exercise to your comfort level. You can do this!! Add me if you want. Mostly do not fall victim to diet fads, magic pills etc.
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Im on every day and stick to the program religiously if you need support fee free to add me ..we can motivate each other
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi hun, feel free to add.

I have an open diary, and have about 100 pounds more to lose. I am on here constantly. :)
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    Feel free to add... one of the best things about this site is the friends :)
  • pollypocket3
    pollypocket3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, you can check out my profile for all that fun info but this is about you.

I'm sorry that you don't have a supportive family that can support you in a way that doesn't seem to put you down right after complimenting you. I think it's great that you're taking it in your own hands and you're "not even going to tell them what I am doing" - this is about you, not getting compliments from other people. You have to be the one to make yourself feel good, not exterior forces (other people, or other things). In the same breath, it's really crummy that your family cannot support you without putting you down - I am sure they don't mean to do it even though they do but have you tried telling them that when they say things such as "you have a lot more to lose" you take that negatively and it hurts your feelings? Maybe they don't realize their response would be good enough with just a smile and a "Keep up the good work". I do sincerely hope that you do well and realize that their are going to be times where the scale may say you're not losing but you're able to walk further without getting tired and that's just as good as losing a pound because you'll be able to do push yourself more and it would be only a matter of time before you break that plateau and continue to lose. Just because the scale says the same weight doesn't mean you're not losing inches somewhere on your body. Stay positive and enjoy this journey - this lifestyle change. It doesn't happen overnight. :)
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    FIRST of all--you need to get the word DIET out out out of your vocabulary!!!!!!!!!!! People fail at diets and you are NOT going to diet any longer. YOU have to make up your mind that this is a "LIFESTYLE CHANGE" and that this is the rest of your life. You WILL exercise and break a sweat daily and you WILL eat healthy and you WILL look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you are truly an amazing person and that you CAN do this. After all skinny people eat don't they--they just eat different things and smaller amounts and they MOVE. I started with 2 laps around the track and went home--HATED it. But I went back day after day and now I do 4 to 5 miles a day, zumba, weights and toning exercises. And this is only after 5 months AND 60 pounds down. I also have a trainer now who is very mean but she keeps me going--I needed that. So if you want to add me for guidance, you may, BUT I will not critique you or tell you you are doing this wrong or that wrong--these will be your decisions, but I will help you with tips when you ask and all the support you want. YOU CAN DO THIS--one lap at a time. and remember this is NOT a diet---this is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE
  • leehudson1
    leehudson1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    4lbs is awesome, be proud :o)
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing the 4 lbs. And don't worrie you will get there weight loss is a very slow frustrating process but it pays off if you can stick to it. My suggestion would be to find things you like to do alot. Workouts that are fun for you and don't seem as much like work to start and then as you get used to the routine of working out more than start adding in more and more and harder more challenging workouts. Sometimes upping your protein can make a "huge" difference in how hungry you feel thru out the day. I think having a protein shake right at breakfast is good it also helps alot if you are doing any amount of lifting or anything to help your muscles to recover faster and not be so sore. Having a glass of water along with each meal if you can unless of course you are out and about that can be hard sometimes will really help you not to be as hungry when you eat. And late at night like before bed if you get munchies sometimes just even eating ice chips will trick your mind into thinking you are eating something and you will get more water in that way. You don't have to starve yourself to get results either. Sometimes its as simple as how you pair up your foods. For example if you have a cheeseburger and fries its carbs on top of carbs you raise your blood sugar up and gain weight. But if you have a cheeseburger with a salad instead of fries you keep your blood sugar stable n lose weight. There's a youtube video that is really good about explaining pairing foods etc called Food Lovers Fat Loss System. I like that one I think it does work and is healthier than alot of fad diets where if you ever go off them you can gain it bk much faster. Feel free to add me if you want can always use extra friends and support as well.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Personally to me, surgery isn't an option. I know there are pros and cons to it but it's not something I would even consider.

I'm so glad you are not choosing to go that direction at your very young age. Let me tell you, YOU can do this if your mindset is right. I am over twice your age (58 until later this month) and I had a large amount to lose when I started also. I was 290 pounds and decided to start by setting a goal to cut my weight in half, so 145 pounds. It took me a 1 year, 10 months and 16 days to lose it. Now the truth of the matter is that might seem like a long time but the alternative is I most definitely be close to 350 pounds if I had never started.

One thing, you don't have to make all your changes in one day. Start by making small changes. Don't go from doing zero exercise to trying to do 3 hours a day. Drink lots and lots of water. Set small obtainable goals and give yourself a reward. I set 10 pound goals and the one thing I did not reward myself with was food. Instead I picked things that were related to my new lifestyle......a new set of bathroom scales, a better kitchen scale, lo-cal cookbooks, weights for when I do water aerobics, new walking shoes, etc. At the beginning those triple digits to lose can look very intimidating. That's why I looked at the 10 pound goals and they added up quicker than I could ever imagine.

Keep the faith, don't worry about what other people say or think. Do it for YOU! You're biggest support team will be right here on mfp to answer questions or help in any way we can.
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    A loss is a loss! I'm proud of you! (Woohoo! Happy dance!) Sending you a friend request!