How much water do you drink everyday?

Options

Replies

• mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I keep a 2 liter bottle of water with me all day long. I finish one bottle before the end of my work day and another bottle by the time I have completed my workout. That is my minimum. If I can drink more throughout the day, that is even better. 1 bottle = 2 cups.

I also add to the water, one of those zero calorie flavorings, a squeeze of lemon, a spring of mint or some other natural flavoring so that is the only thing I drink all day long. No sodas, lemonade, etc. I have given up diet soda and almost all coffee, juices, etc., using this approach and have doubled my water consumption in just a couple of months. Once your body is properly hydrated, you will quit having to go to the bathroom so frequently. It's like watering a dried out plant. At first the water just runs through the pot. As the dirt rehydrates, it begins to absorb more water in the process and less runs out the bottom. Water slowly at first to get the water absorbed. Soon you'll easily add more without all the water immediately running out the pot.... :smile:
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-4 litres a day.
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    12 - 14 cups every day !!
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I drink two 16.9 fl oz bottles of water a day. On top of that, I drink 1-2 cups of green tea, 0-1 cups of iced black tea and occasionally a cup of coffee. This is on the days that I have light to no physical activity. The more I move, the more water I drink. If I exercise vigorously, I'll most likely get around 8 cups of water that day. I would say that I pee between 10-15 times a day.
  • Tropicalfirestorm
    Options
    6 and i still pee all the time. i generally have to pee 20 minutes after drinking water.
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I drink about 4.5 liters every day, which is a little over one us gallon

Oh, and I pee like 20 times a day, LOL!!!
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 litres every day and your body gets used to it after a week or so, you then don't have to pee quite so often.

That's 136 US fl oz, 0.88 US gal and 7 UK pints
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    probably around 2 L of just water and round 1.5 L of tea/homemade lemonade etc.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I try to get at least 2L. The last week iv been struggling to drink that much though.
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    usually between 4-6litres a day, water and tea comined :)
  • DempseyWRX
    DempseyWRX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I go with a gallon every day. I've never had any adverse reaction to it, my body adjusted so I don't retain extra water weight, and since i'm used to it i don't have to use the bathroom too much more than anyone else. Keeps me hydrated and full of energy for my workouts.
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a 28 ounce water bottle that I keep filled at all times, usually refill it about 4-6 times a day depending on how thirsty I am. But then again, I don't keep anything to drink in my house except water, coffee, tea and milk.
  • ihateyoga
    Options
    Really? You body can get used to the increased amount of water? I will definitely try it.
  • DCruz83
    Options
    Usually about 6 glasses a day, plus a glass of orange juice in the morning and it doesn't change much whether I exercise or not. I started drinking tea lately so it's not all water but I never add anything to my tea so I count it as water. I think it's roughly how much I've always drank, except before I used to drink juice and soda so I think it's just how much water I need. Some days I'll drink more but it's mainly because I've gotten myself used to drinking water instead of snacking (even though I still have snacks here and there)
  • SpleenlessGal
    SpleenlessGal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    6 and i still pee all the time. i generally have to pee 20 minutes after drinking water.

Haha, I know, right?! I must have the smallest bladder known to mankind, because I drink something and I'm immediately like "OH GOD WHERE'S THE BATHROOM!". That's why I don't drink anything before getting on my half hour bus ride... I wait until I get to work. :P
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    i drink close to about 70 oz a day.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    About 6-9 cups, generally. Depends on my activity level that day and my ability to refill/drink my water bottle.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I usually fill up 3 - 32 oz water bottles and it's easy for me to get it all down. I workout sometimes twice a day, I really only drink water, it keeps me full and makes my skin and digestion very happy.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    48 oz a day .. about 6 glasses.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I drink about 1 litre of water a day, plus 3-4 cups of herbal tea and 2 cups of coffee.