Pizza

Options
So how does everyone add up their pizza calories when it comes from a small local place? Some pizza is thick crust, some thin, some cut in squares, some in triangles. I eat pizza like once a week and I'd like some suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I search for the most similar sounding pizzas, then use the one with the most calories!
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Liken whatever you happen to be eating to the closest large commercial chain pizza, which is likely in the database. Eat it, enjoy it, log it, and move on. I try not to get wrapped around the axle with logging (something I'm totally prone to doing).
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Ask the restaurant for the nutritional information. Most places use a recipe system to control costs and inventory (even the small local places)...they should be able to tell you at least the calories and fat content.

ETA: Even if they don't and they just "wing it", I've had a restaurant actually start displaying the information after explaining that I log my food intake. Most food people understand this and will try to accomodate their customers. I've done it a few times myself with daily specials that we've thrown together...it takes a few minutes, but the customers generally appreciate it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I search for the most similar sounding pizzas, then use the one with the most calories!

I do the same.

If I have a thin crust, I'll add some similar national thin crust, etc.
  • DCruz83
    Options
    Same for me, I pick some large chain pizza and roughly estimate from there... sometimes I think that what I add might actually be higher than what I actually ate but that's okay, doesn't need to be exact, still gives you an idea as to how much you ate!
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! I GAVE UP PIZZA FOR NOW!!! I love it soooooooo much, and I actually used to work at a Test Kitchen for Pizza and other Italian Foods. I helped make Commercials, and when I want Pizza (I will eat it) but so far, I haven't really missed it in my Daily Food List. Not being able to handle Pizza got me to 400 lbs. I see it now and LOL....... Just don't eat too much of it, or eat it too late. Take care, and enjoy your Slice of yummy goodness!