Replies

• Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Two shooters are "down"
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay on top of this, here, too...

Thoughts and prayers for all of you that have family/friends there, and for all of you that are in the area.
  • jjinteso
    jjinteso Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Two shooters are "down"

How do you know?? I am watching fox news here at work and no word except a cop is down...
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    There are still too many framentary reports to put together a complete picture. Each time an update is posted everyone spools up further, regardless of whether the information is accurate or not. :grumble: :noway:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Two shooters are "down"

How do you know?? I am watching fox news here at work and no word except a cop is down...

there is a ton of misinformation out there right now.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    DC police confirmed two shooters are down
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Just googled it. Its on the Washington post website as well. They have one shooter down and one cornered in a building on the 3rd and 4th floors according to the article.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    One dead...six civilians confirmed dead...this is sickning :(
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    One shooter dead; potentially two other shooters they're still looking for. (press conference from the DC police chief going on right now)

ETA: NBC local news reporting 10 shot, at least 4 dead
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Yeah, I'm watching it right now...I haven't heard from my cousin in a while...I think she is still in the conference room...
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Sending positive thoughts that she's OK.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Thank you...it's been 5 hours now...I just texted her and haven't heard back. One shooter is dead and they are looking for potentially two more.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

still havent seen anywhere that two shooters are down. thats what i was saying about lots of misinformation.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    12 dead, including the shooter so far. Feds taking over. They don't know if he acted alone or not yet.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

still havent seen anywhere that two shooters are down. thats what i was saying about lots of misinformation.

DC police never said that. They only confirmed one. I've been watching DC news all day.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

DC police never said that. They only confirmed one. I've been watching DC news all day.

yeah thought it was strange she said that. its interesting how misinformation spreads. im certainly guilty of it myself at times.
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Was only reporting what the news said...which is not always true...my friends father just got home from the Navy Yard. My cousin is home safe...what a horrible day.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Last I heard was 13 died including the shooter. Such a horrible day for so many people and for all of the United States. I'm praying for everyone.