I had a stroke so..

Options
2»

Replies

• sgfergus26
    Options
    Hi Bob. You will prevail! I had a stroke 3 months ago at age 32. Scariest experience of my life as I'm sure you know. I was fortunate in that the stroke was minor and the deficits resolved in a couple of weeks. However I've gained 10+ lbs since then. This all happened after I had lost 45 lbs and was in great shape. The docs have no idea what caused it - even after going to see a neurologist at Rush (I see you are from IL too!). Anyhow, I'm with you on the re-weight loss. Best of luck!
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Glad you're doing well!
    Yes, I understand how scary it was. After it happened I was like I feel fine let me go. Little did I know the entire right side of my body was so damaged. The doctors were like, "I think..um no." I was in the hospital forever, and the boredom is what drove me to get strong again. All It took was a tiny piece of plaque to clog a vessel for 2 minutes, which they needed three MRI's to find so it can happen to anyone.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Go Bob==you can do it!
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    thanks shoney!!
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Bob- good for you- you will do well if you have a good attitude - it has almost been 4 years since my stroke at age 42 (brainstem) and life now is completely different but you adjust! Friend me !
    Lynn
  • emilysuelemus
    emilysuelemus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    awesome job your friend did!! I believe the body has the ability to heal and repair itself if we feed it the right nutrients and take care o the temple God gave us!! this is very inspiring and thanks for posting!