what to do, what to do....insanity - or - wait a week?

Options
So i really want to get back into insanity and use the meal plan they have and everything. the only thing stopping me is i'm rushing a sorority this week, and I don't want me knee to swell up from doing insanity and then I have to go to the nice fancy dinner (considering I made it in) wearing a giant knee brace. I know my knee swells up when I work out and then it goes back down after I elevate it and everything but the last time I did insanity it was swollen for more than just a day. So i dont know if i should wait until next week to start insanity workouts and just stick to the meal plan and a normal workout routine this week? or just start insanity and go to a sorority in a giant knee brace lol .. helpp!! :):):)

Replies

• Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The right sorority will understand and be cool with it. Good luck with rush!
  • slb573
    slb573 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like the rule if you have to ask just do it. Never say no to exercise.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Realistically, I would wait a week. Your first week of insanity you will be sore. So sore you can't raise a hair dryer. If you are rushing, you probably want to enjoy it - and the food and everything else. It's not an excuse to wait forever, but a week isn't bad and hopefully rushing is an important, once in a lifetime experience. Then hit it hard!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    I would wait till after just follow healthy eating and kick in the exercise after the dinner so NO knee brace...Good Luck...In the end it's still your decision Jennie:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'd have the knee looked at then.

I did a lot of workouts and although they wear on certain parts.......swelling or reoccuring swelling doesn't sound that good.