Restarting (again)

Options
exohrina
exohrina Posts: 9
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I have this problem where I get so excited about finally doing it, and how this time nothing is going to stop me. But something always gets in my way, and usually, it's myself. I've done this before, and I always get down about 20 lbs, to a point where I'm starting to get comfortable and happy with my self-image, and then... I don't see the need anymore. Until I slowly start eating my way back up those 20 lbs. My gym pass lapses, and my sneakers hide in my closet with my yoga pants hidden under all my other pants.

I pin exercises, pictures of girls with body types similar to mine... if I weighed 50 lbs less. I look at healthy recipes and start working out again. And for the first couple weeks I push myself. And it's hard and I struggle and sweat and complain. But then it starts getting easier. Just a little bit, every day. And then... lather, rinse, repeat.

Someone, please, help me hold myself accountable for my gym time, for my health journey and for the weight I need to lose to become healthy again, and see myself in a more positive light. Any takers? Anyone else do something similar?

Replies

• ln1507
    ln1507 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am restarting again. I seem to lose and gain the same 15 lbs. Now my clothes are tight again I must adhere to a plan and stick with it. I don't want to start buying new clothes. When I am down the 15 lbs I find myself saying I am never going to go back up, but I do. I think you start to feel comfortable and lapse a day here and there and then it turns into weeks. I don't have a problem exercising daily but the food consumption is where I lack the will power. :grumble: So today I am back in the saddle and am going to concur these 15 lbs before Christmas season sets in :smile:
  • imstrong4me
    Options
    im also restarting my weight loss journey I started back in aug of last yr at 236lbs I was doing really well until I moved to Virginia in feb and back with ym son dad I was falling off the scale I was 205 I was almost out of the 200 and im back at 217 and I work at mcdonalds not a good idea all the good food but im getting back on tract and keep foucs again
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Getting back at it AGAIN today......been bouncing up and down with the same 15 lbs for 3 years. Just can't seem to quite commit to getting it all off, and of course, it comes back.:grumble: I especially get myself in trouble around the holidays, so extra support would be great to find.

Feel free to add me if you are looking for a friend. I'll at least cheer you on, and I'll certainly understand when you fall off the wagon or aren't doing so well......:tongue:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Restarting as well! Lets do it!
  • teritaylor9
    Options
    This is me down to a capital T. It's not that I Lose motivation it's more because I feel excited I've lost some weight and cut back on the exercise and eat a little more. Next thing you know I've put all the weight and more back on. This time It's different, I'm fed up and this time when I reach that point I'm just going to keep thinking what will i feel like if I loose even more weight. So keep going xxx
  • exohrina
    Options
    This is me down to a capital T. It's not that I Lose motivation it's more because I feel excited I've lost some weight and cut back on the exercise and eat a little more. Next thing you know I've put all the weight and more back on. This time It's different, I'm fed up and this time when I reach that point I'm just going to keep thinking what will i feel like if I loose even more weight. So keep going xxx

YES. I eat like I'm still going to the gym and it doesn't work that way... in a perfect world it would. I feel so confident in my new body I treat myself to rich foods, thinking "I'll work it off tomorrow" and tomorrow comes and I look at myself and go, "nah, my body's good."
  • shadowfeet33
    shadowfeet33 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Me too! I could not even begin to tell you how many times I have lost and gained the same 30 or so pounds. It is the difference between feeling amazing and feeling like I have one outfit that fits. Right now I'm on the heavier end and also starting over. Once I would get down some (not my goal weight but just looking better) it was one treat here, one treat there, and then before you know it I was sitting in front of 8 hours of football shoveling junk into my body. I'm learning it really does have to be a lifestyle change, even if on some days that isn't any fun. :) Hang in there, you are totally worth it!
  • angless21
    angless21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I need help sticking to it this time. I hate that I lose and gain back the same 10 pounds.
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you all and seem to paddling the same way , I have the exciting time where i can not wait to do this or do that and I DO for awhile then as you said something gets in the way , i try to blame the house work , the cooking , the cleaning the driving the kids around the work commitments but if i am brutally honest it IS ME also . I rejoined MFP about two weeks ago and have been on and off in between that time trying to find the ROUTINE yeh yeh more excuses and i know it but WE are here again today so thats something .. Best of luck and everyone feel free to add ..
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You're preaching to the choir. I haven't seen the right side of 80kg in years, no matter what.

friend add me - everyone in the thread if you like. I am coming on here every day. :)
  • camilleey
    camilleey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting as well.

I used to workout like a beast and eat in right portion but the motivation just waned off.

After reflecting, I found what the problem was - I surprise myself with so much change to lose weight.
    So now I'm taking baby steps. I dropped the "weightloss mentality" and picked up lifestyle change.

I started with my daily schedule as I'm bumming right now and I sleep whenever I want so I set my regular bedtime. Then my meal portions, I don't have any problem with junk food because rarely eat them but if you think that I'm banning junk food in my life, you are wrong. haha! I eat whatever I want, just making sure that it won't make me gain any pound from fat. I always eat home-cooked meals, the REAL problem was the amount of the food I eat. It was hard to cut on food but after 4 days (I think) my stomach has already adopted to fewer food.

And I just recently incorporated some exercise, I do some brisk walking for 30 mins or if it's raining, I use the stepper for 15 mins. and then work on my flexibility (I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO SPLIT)

I changed my motivations now, I want to learn dancing whenever I already can. :) And maybe learn martial arts too. So I see this phase as preparation for dancing and martial arts. ;)

I also don't step on weighing scale anymore, I'm using my old clothes to see results.

Maybe you could try doing what I'm doing. Do something that you truly like.
This discussion has been closed.