Single Mom losing 59 pounds! (lots of pics)

Hey everyone :)

How I lost it.....
1.) I listened to my body
2.) I started eating clean
3.) I didn't really count calories, I fed my body when I felt like I needed it and ate until I was satisfied, not full (try making healthy choices instead of bad)
4.) I fell in love with running! (If you ever need free therapy, this is an option!)
5.) Plenty of water

My story: long story short, I caught my husband having an affair, it ruined me. I was in a horrible place, mentally and physically. At some point I realized I needed to snap out of it for my 2 year old son. I made a plan for where I wanted to be in the next few years. I wanted to finish college, get healthy, and build a new life for my child and I. I'm also going to add that it feels good to have confidence , and I actually love myself again. I feel sexy, and its such a great feeling! I'm really working on the confidence thing, I still feel like a big girl.... Anyone else have that problem?

I have lost 59 pounds since last November. I still want to lose about 20 more. But I want you all to know it can be done. Hard work and determination! You got this!

I'm feeling great, and love watching my body change. That's the best part of all, I feel proud of MYSELF!

PhotoGrid_1379258774934.jpg

IMG950405.jpg

PhotoGrid_1379259110446.jpg

PhotoGrid_1379260886598.jpg

Replies

• zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Great job. Congrats to you for staying strong and knowing you're worth it.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    You look great! You have come a long way! Thank you for sharing! Keep up the transformation!
  • x_makewar_x
    x_makewar_x Posts: 8 Member
    Awesome job, you're amazing for accomplishing all of that!
  • loves03
    loves03 Posts: 73 Member
    Congratulations on your weightloss success, you are doing a fabulous job! So sorry to hear about what your husband did to you :(
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    You look great! Congrats on taking control of your life!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    congrats! you look great!
  • imeldita15
    imeldita15 Posts: 8 Member
    Amazing!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Fabulous job!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Good for you......you look great.

The best advice I have ever gotten from my mom................THE BEST REVENGE IS TO BE HAPPY AND LOOK GREAT!!!!
  • You look amazing, and have done a great thing for you and your son. Awesome job!
  • rockinjennydee
    rockinjennydee Posts: 49 Member
    Great job! Very inspirational!!!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    So inspirational! You look absolutely fantastic! You go girl! <3
  • I love this! Well done you have come a long way and deserve to be proud of yourself. The lady above summed it up so nicely...It ain't over till the fat lady slims!!
  • CodysDad
    CodysDad Posts: 1 Member
    That is so awesome! Congrats and remember to remember!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Good on you for getting your sweet revenge!:drinker:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    goodmorningfriend-1.gif

You look maaaaaaahvelous !
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    You're so beautiful and have true success story for all the single moms out here. What an amazing transformation!
  • skinnybjasse
    skinnybjasse Posts: 39 Member
    Well done! Keep at it, it's a lifestyle, not a diet and you're doing it right!!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    fantastic!
  • Mirandae1221
    Mirandae1221 Posts: 5 Member
    You look great!!! So proud of you!!! You are my inspiration!:flowerforyou:
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Way to go....you are beautiful inside and out!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Fantastic progress! Good for you for taking control of your life!
  • glenverrier
    glenverrier Posts: 38 Member
    Congratulations!!! Wishing you all success in your future! Stay Awesome!!
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Congratulations!

You're definitely not a "big girl" though!! I know what you mean. I went down several sizes and I still have this idea in my head that maybe the tags are wrong. Seriously! We're so crazy when we have an idea stuck in our head and that determines how we see ourselves. What helps me is looking at before and after pics of myself, and trying on something from when I was at my biggest. It sounds funny, but a couple times I've gotten frustrated, so I'd put on my old 'fat pants.' When I put them on and realize that they are HUGE, it's a lot easier to see the reality of my weight loss. But also, I just think about how I feel now. It's great to have so much more confidence, and it doesn't really matter what the scale says because I feel so awesome and don't worry about how my body looks.

Glad that you were able to get into a better place. I'm sure it sucked going through family probs, but I'm always proud of women who are able to pick things up and create a better future instead of letting tough times destroy their self-worth.

GO YOU! :D
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Congratulations!

You're definitely not a "big girl" though!! I know what you mean. I went down several sizes and I still have this idea in my head that maybe the tags are wrong. Seriously! We're so crazy when we have an idea stuck in our head and that determines how we see ourselves. What helps me is looking at before and after pics of myself, and trying on something from when I was at my biggest. It sounds funny, but a couple times I've gotten frustrated, so I'd put on my old 'fat pants.' When I put them on and realize that they are HUGE, it's a lot easier to see the reality of my weight loss. But also, I just think about how I feel now. It's great to have so much more confidence, and it doesn't really matter what the scale says because I feel so awesome and don't worry about how my body looks.

Glad that you were able to get into a better place. I'm sure it sucked going through family probs, but I'm always proud of women who are able to pick things up and create a better future instead of letting tough times destroy their self-worth.

GO YOU! :D
    When I went shopping today, I tried on the larger clothes and they were super baggy, guess it was a wake up call that I'm no longer an XL to 1X. More like a medium to large :p
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Your ex is has probably kicked himself for having an affair. His loss.
  • kend61
    kend61 Posts: 29 Member
    Awesome job, and I hope you are very proud of the work you put in and the great results you have received.
  • goodmorningfriend-1.gif

You look maaaaaaahvelous !

I second this!
    Best wishes for the remainder of your goals!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    WAY TO GO!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Coming from one single mom of an awesome boy to another: you ROCK! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!