Undies??

Options
I know it's kind of a TMI question, but what kind of underwear do you wear during your workout?? I have been walking/jogging and I find nearly all types of undies uncomfortable. I know cotton is always recommended but even cotton isn't comfortable.

Replies

• sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I work out at home and go out for runs before dawn so I usually don't wear any.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Honestly? I work out at home and go out for runs before dawn so I usually don't wear any.

Hhhmmmm......I haven't tried not wearing any. Might just have to try this if I can't find comfy ones :)
  • FindMyInnerAthlete
    Options
    Most of the time I don't wear any. Maybe you can try that and see how you feel. I think it's the most comfortable.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear some answers. Mine ride up and give me terrible wedgies when I work out. Everyone at the fitness center has seen me trying to unwedge.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I don't find cotton ones comfortable either. Try a cotton/spandex blend or a soft microfiber pair. I like Hanes or Bali personally.
  • dodihere
    Options
    I tried without yesterday and brillo pad myself.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Actually, cotton is rarely recommended.

it's all personal preference... brand, material, fit, etc. It took me several tries to find some I liked.

As a guy, my preferences probably don't mean much to you.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear some answers. Mine ride up and give me terrible wedgies when I work out. Everyone at the fitness center has seen me trying to unwedge.

Just act like you are dancing or warming up :wink:
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have this question as well. I'm not ready to go commando just yet, and would be interested to know what type of underwear others wear when working out. I would like some comfortable one and wonder if they have any with moisture wicking fabric as well.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    There is only one answer to this question.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, so I wear whatever, just not usually thongs. But, my last few races, I've had panty issues. So, for my last one, I was running in tights, and didnt want issues, so I tried a thong. It was great. While it doesn't matter much at home (and I'm not running a ton right. Now), ill definitely be purchasing some "sport things" for future race use and. Possibly the few times a year I actually go to a gym to work out.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    When I do a gym workout I am good with a thong/g-string but it seems like when I do my outside workout it's different. I'm nervous about going without but I'm thinking I do need to try it!!
  • klynnshuck
    klynnshuck Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I always get Under Armour shorts with the built in undies for running. They stay in place well. I do also like the new UA ones I think they are called the pure stretch: they have both thongs and cheeky ones that fit pretty well.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I get the seamless boy shorts from Lane Bryant and absolutely love them for regular wear and workouts. They don't get wedgied up as much and are very comfortable to wear, regardless of the range of motion. The fabric is like microfiber and has a lot of stretch.
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Without is definitely the most comfortable!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I always get Under Armour shorts with the built in undies for running. They stay in place well. I do also like the new UA ones I think they are called the pure stretch: they have both thongs and cheeky ones that fit pretty well.

I'm not quite to the point where I can go walking/jogging in shorts. I have really big thighs and they still rub together a lot. Do they have these in capris?
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    The invisible kind.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    boy shorts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSQtyrXin2p3lLn_Qh3KE8JNxHN9-oIGl_MMv2CEHWAqX7B7FILg
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Flesh-tone
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I will just add that for people who deal with chafing, especially on the inner thigh, there are some great products (body glide is probably the best known) to help with this specific problem. It can make all the difference in the world. Then all you need are clothes that actually stay in place.