Undies??

Options

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I wear my usual cotton undies and a sports bra.
  • sarah_lou22
    Options
    personally, I prefer to wear thongs for everything -- they are the most comfortable for me and give me the feeling that i'm not wearing anything while still protecting my lady business.

its all preference though, I know girls that wear bike shorts as underwear to workout, and ones that wear "granny panties"

go with what you feel
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I inherited a jock strap from my father...who inherited it from his father....and when i was 13 it was bestowed to me in a ceremony. I work out it in six days a week. The duct tape and wool yarn repairs do make it a bit uncomfortable but thats what callouses are for.

That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    If the shorts are new and tight - I don't wear panties with them.
    If the shorts are old & baggy - I wear some athletic boyshorts underneath so if I'm on the bench or doing incline bench sit ups I'm not flashing any of my feminine wilds (laff)

There's a guy at the gym who free balls - *shudder* - I just want to yell "DUDE put the pasty pokey in some Hanes!!"
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    wear underwear?
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to quote myself in your quote. Dur:noway:
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    under armour boyshort style. stay where they're supposed to and wick away sweat.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Unless it's built into what I'm wearing I go without.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Never wear a thong... my gyno told me this. Not good.

I wear none because all of my 'workout' clothes have an 'area' so I don't need them.

However, full underwear are what has been recommended by my gyno.

why not?

Because it can introduce bacteria from one region to another and set you up for some major infections.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I work from home and do my exercising at home, it's rare that I'm wearing anything but whatever I've deemed pajamas for the day haha.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Some work out shorts have underwear built in. They are wonderful!
  • callmehoots
    callmehoots Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try VS PINK "Yoga" panties...stretchy, soft, comfortable, no-show.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

I wear none because all of my 'workout' clothes have an 'area' so I don't need them.

why not?

Because it can introduce bacteria from one region to another and set you up for some major infections.

I learned how to wipe my *kitten* properly a few years ago. I think I'm good here.
  • She_Hulk
    Options
    boy shorts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSQtyrXin2p3lLn_Qh3KE8JNxHN9-oIGl_MMv2CEHWAqX7B7FILg

This!! Never in a million years would I have thought to wear boy shorts with my very form fitting workout pants. Never. After finally asking some ladies at my gym which undies they wear (loved how I couldn't see any lines), I finally started purchasing Maiden Form's boyshorts. Extremely comfortable! You can get them at Macy's. Not only are they super comfortable, they show no lines. To each his own though. Hope that helps!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

why not?

I learned how to wipe my *kitten* properly a few years ago. I think I'm good here.

ditto... and really, any undies that give you wedge can do that.

I moved to thong because I decided that I'd rather a 1/4" wedge of material, than 4" of material that is meant to cover my *kitten* that's managed to work it's way into my butt crack.
    LMAO
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    These...

mens-under-armour-hg-compression-shorts-f.jpg

Agreed, I use these all the time, whether I'm on the deadlifts or running for 40 minutes.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Old wive's tale.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options

why not?

ditto... and really, any undies that give you wedge can do that.

I moved to thong because I decided that I'd rather a 1/4" wedge of material, than 4" of material that is meant to cover my *kitten* that's managed to work it's way into my butt crack.
    LMAO

^^This is the same reason I switched too!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Cotton would be the first type I'd recommend NOT to wear while exercising. Cotton absorbs dampness and I don't know about you, but when I workout, I SWEAT.

Mostly I do not wear underwear b/c I'm wearing running shorts/pants that have built in panty liner or built in undies. That being said, I recently saw at Target you can purchase "workout undies" - for ladies anyway, I didn't look in the men's section. My friend was telling me about these tiny shorts she couldn't believe anyone would wear and she showed them to me....they're underwear; they had boy shorts, bikini briefs, thongs and regular briefs made out of fabric that wicks away sweat and it may have had lycra too. I'm sorry I don't recall the brand.

When I do wear running shorts that I need undies for, I just wear my VS no-show they're made out of Nylon.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    :wink: Love me some boy shorts