How did you lose weight, is there one specific way?

Options
13»

Replies

• palmerddj
    palmerddj Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wish there were a magic pill to make it vanish! There isn't. Calories burned has to be greater than calories consumed. There are 3500 calories in a pound. You have to be willing to disiplined, and intentional lifestyle changes, that will include execersise (and sweat), and healthy food choices. But most importantly, life is full of choices, at any time you can make a good one. Above all let go of the past, you CAN NOT CANGE IT.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Don't just count calories, instead of eating the same stuff or just less of it will have less chance of success. because you'll always have about the same appetite after the weight loss. IMHO, I maintained the portion I eat, but just learn to eat cleaner. So stay away from caloric dense food, like carbs and sugar and oil. And embrace vegetables and salad.

One can easily eat 500 Calories of ice cream relatively easily, 1 scoop is 300-400 calories, But I'll dare most of you to eat 500 calories of lettuce. 1 cup shredded lettuce is 5 calorie. So you'll have to eat 100 cups of shredded lettuce. And veggie have all kinds of micro- nutrients in there that will give you energy to workout, I'm not advocating a total vegetarian lifestyle, but if you start replacing the caloric dense food on your plate with veggies, You can easily eat a 1200 calories day with no problem what so ever. And your skin will thank you, you'll have the best skin ever!

And workout like a fiend doesn't hurt either! Good Luck with your journey,