Single Mom losing 59 pounds! (lots of pics)

Options

Replies

• scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go....you are beautiful inside and out!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! Good for you for taking control of your life!
  • glenverrier
    glenverrier Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Wishing you all success in your future! Stay Awesome!!
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

You're definitely not a "big girl" though!! I know what you mean. I went down several sizes and I still have this idea in my head that maybe the tags are wrong. Seriously! We're so crazy when we have an idea stuck in our head and that determines how we see ourselves. What helps me is looking at before and after pics of myself, and trying on something from when I was at my biggest. It sounds funny, but a couple times I've gotten frustrated, so I'd put on my old 'fat pants.' When I put them on and realize that they are HUGE, it's a lot easier to see the reality of my weight loss. But also, I just think about how I feel now. It's great to have so much more confidence, and it doesn't really matter what the scale says because I feel so awesome and don't worry about how my body looks.

Glad that you were able to get into a better place. I'm sure it sucked going through family probs, but I'm always proud of women who are able to pick things up and create a better future instead of letting tough times destroy their self-worth.

GO YOU! :D
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

You're definitely not a "big girl" though!! I know what you mean. I went down several sizes and I still have this idea in my head that maybe the tags are wrong. Seriously! We're so crazy when we have an idea stuck in our head and that determines how we see ourselves. What helps me is looking at before and after pics of myself, and trying on something from when I was at my biggest. It sounds funny, but a couple times I've gotten frustrated, so I'd put on my old 'fat pants.' When I put them on and realize that they are HUGE, it's a lot easier to see the reality of my weight loss. But also, I just think about how I feel now. It's great to have so much more confidence, and it doesn't really matter what the scale says because I feel so awesome and don't worry about how my body looks.

Glad that you were able to get into a better place. I'm sure it sucked going through family probs, but I'm always proud of women who are able to pick things up and create a better future instead of letting tough times destroy their self-worth.

GO YOU! :D
    When I went shopping today, I tried on the larger clothes and they were super baggy, guess it was a wake up call that I'm no longer an XL to 1X. More like a medium to large :p
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Your ex is has probably kicked himself for having an affair. His loss.
  • kend61
    kend61 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, and I hope you are very proud of the work you put in and the great results you have received.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    goodmorningfriend-1.gif

You look maaaaaaahvelous !

I second this!
    Best wishes for the remainder of your goals!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Coming from one single mom of an awesome boy to another: you ROCK! :)
  • donna2707
    Options
    Well done I hope I can do itxxx
  • rhuj
    rhuj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done pretty lady!!!!! You look amazing! Rx
  • boxergrl614
    Options
    An Inspiration!! I have been living with my fiancé for 11 years now, he cheats on and off again, I leave and come back. Same rut over and over again. Unfortunately in the 11 years I have consistently gained and gained. Stress eating, emotional eating....whatever. Well we are over for good now, and I am also going back to school in October, full time to finish my degree. I have my eye on the prize, and that prize is my children having a happy mother who is confident (like I use to be), and healthy. Right now I will only do what I have to do for my kids and myself. I will be selfish for the 4 of us now. Congratulations. You also have a beautiful boy!
  • arrow460
    arrow460 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!
  • Lavinia2You
    Options
    Congratulations, my friend. I so understand the trauma of an affair! Here's what I see in your pics. I see a huge change in your face - not physically, but in your countenance. Your eyes are bright; you look happy and hopeful. You're obviously living your life to it's fullest. And that is a true transformation! Good for you! So inspired by your story.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look wonderful! :)

(Youre not a big girl! But I know how you feel. I get that, too.)
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well done! you look fantastic! I get the still seeing yourself as big. I struggle with that too.
    You Are Awesome!
  • mlcharb
    mlcharb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You look amazing!
  • shcol5
    shcol5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful! So proud of your accomplishment!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Great job - Keep up the good work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!