Replies

• labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I slice cucumbers, tomato and a little bit of red onion or green onion, drizzle with some olive oil, and your favorite vinegar then sprinkle with a bit of dried parsley, salt and pepper and refridgerate for atleast 30 min.
    Enjoy! :)

This is exactly how I make them too. Delicious!
    I will definitely be trying out some of the other ideas here.
  • kimswisher
    kimswisher Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just had to click on your post.As I write this I am drinking a homemade cucumber drink. Peel one whole cucumber, cut it into chunks, blend on high in blender with water, sweeten to taste. One cucumber makes a gallon size pitcher. I use equal instead of sugar. This is the most thirst quenching drink. Your reaction is probably something like eww yucky. Give it a try you probably will like it. Let me know what you think. I also do the same thing with watermelon and cantaloupe.:wink:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Thinly sliced in yogurt with a bit of salt, dill, and vinegar.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Of course salads, and what everyone else mentioned, etc... but they are also great for juicing and have a neutral taste, so would also be great blended in smoothies.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Have you perhaps heard of tzatziki? If not, I suggest you look into it.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use them instead of bread sometimes such a with tuna salad I put a bit in between two cucumber slices and make lil sandwiches .

Yes, I also use some laughing cow cheese and turkey deli meat. You might need to scoop some of the seeds out first. I eat them longways.
  • Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    A place down the street makes this salad out of diced red onion, cucumbers, and tomatoes tossed in lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and fresh mint. I imagine it would be incredible with some feta
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Spicy ribbons: Slice long ways with potato peeler ,add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper , thinly sliced red onion, a few drops of rice-bran or olive oil sprinkle of ground cumin toss , scoff.
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Have you perhaps heard of tzatziki? If not, I suggest you look into it.

One of my faves with Greek yogurt, cucumber, dill, mint, lemon juice and optional garlic.
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    well i read somewhere that if you put cucumbers in your water it helps with bloating and helps keep u hydrated
  • St_Paul
    St_Paul Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Dice and mix with greek yogurt and lemon juice and salt. Add garlic powder if you like. Use as a dip or sandwich filling/spread.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    -Cut thick-ish and put slices of cheese on top with a bit of tomato
    -add slices to water with mint
    -cucumbers, tomatoes, onions with balsamic vinegar and olive oil drizzled. Let sit for 20mintues.
    -cut into spears and use to dip in hummus
    -dice and add to plain greek yogurt with mint and dill, a pinch of garlic powder and a sprinkle of salt and pepper
    -eat plain
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Whenever we finish a jar of dill pickles, we save the jar and juice, slice cucumbers quite thin and put them in the pickle juice and put the jar back in the refrigerator. After only a couple of hours they are ready to eat. Very tasty. My teenage sons eat a whole jar at one sitting.
    I do this too!
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use them instead of bread sometimes such a with tuna salad I put a bit in between two cucumber slices and make lil sandwiches .

me too! Have you tried hollowing one out to make a "sub"? I love it! (and getting rid of the middle gets rid of the gas for me! :blushing: )
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Dice them into chopped or pulled chicken breast with red onion and lite 3 cheese ranch. Eat it in a whole wheat pita.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    cucumber, red onion,tomatoes,green pepper,and fat free olive oil dressing.

Slice everything thin place in a zip lock back and put in fridge for at least and hour. So yummy!

If its fat free, how can it have olive oil in it?
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Whenever we finish a jar of dill pickles, we save the jar and juice, slice cucumbers quite thin and put them in the pickle juice and put the jar back in the refrigerator. After only a couple of hours they are ready to eat. Very tasty. My teenage sons eat a whole jar at one sitting.
    I do this too!
    Wow! I have to try this... my daughter will empty a brand new pickle jar in a day!