First date on Friday what is a low calorie drink option??

Options
So I am going on a first date on Friday night and I am allowing approximately 600 calories for drinks. I am not a big drinker anyway but I don't want to not have a drink or two. Any suggestions on a low cal option. I prefer vodka to other hard liquors or red wine. Your help is greatly appreciated folks!! :tongue:

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    diet coke and vodka. A shot of vodka is about 70 calories :)
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i have no idea if where you're going will have this, but on my 21st a week ago i had a blueberry mojito. it was fresh crushed blueberries and mint with rum and a bit of sprite. i can't imagine that it was too many calories. maybe cranberry and vodka? i'm not sure how many calories are in either, but i figured the less ingredients the better lol.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I like vodka water w/ bar lime!! around here it's called a "skinny b*tch" so the name really says it all :)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Applebees has 100 calorie Martini's
  • Flippy44
    Options
    A screwdriver is a good choice as long as they're not too heavy handed with the orange juice. And at least there's a little nutrition in there too. ;)
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    Club soda is really good with no carbs, and low all the way around, I was shocked when I put it in my tracker on Sunday. Also clear liquors are supposed to be more diet friendly, so I hear...

Have a great date!!!
  • tummer
    tummer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To stay low cal. do your Vodka with and Diet drink (no juice's that will add up on the cal. count). If you want Red wine (at LA weight loss we use to tell out customers to do 1/2 glass of wine and 1/2 club soda) never tried it myself so I'm not sure how good it may be. Anyway good luck.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Not a big drinker? Stick with club soda,carbonated water, & water with lemon. You be glad you did the next day and in 20 years.[skin,wrinkles,& ageing] Have a great time:happy:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Without looking it up, I would think that 1-2 vodka and juice's would be under 600 cals. I prefer vodka and cranberry. The diet pops will limit cals as well - I just can't do pop in my drinks.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Someone once told me to order Vodka and water...then bring along Crystal Light to flavor it any which way I desired to keep the calories low and still have a fruity drink.
  • lizzygrl1981
    Options
    Rum and Diet or vodka with soda water and a lime :)
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Unsure.... I would go w/ a diet coke & rum...

Enjoy your date. Good luck.
    B
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Unsure.... I would go w/ a diet coke & rum...

Enjoy your date. Good luck.
    B
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I would do vodka, water with a splash of cran...it's a sipping drink for sure so you can have two and feel like you're drinking all night
  • honeybee709
    honeybee709 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    All clear liquors are between 65-75 cals/shot. Brown liquors like gold tequilla and the darker or spiced rums are about 100 per shot. Remember tonic can have as much as 120 cals per drink without the booze, so if you want sparkling go with diet tonic or club soda. Everyone else's suggestions are great!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I just found single serving packets for sugar free margarita mix. I bring them with me and just order a tequila and water on the rocks and just stir the packet in. There's no calories in the mix and 69 calories in a shot of tequila. Also, a glass of dry champagne has between 80-100 calories. Hope this helps.

You can find 'baja bobs' Rita mix at bev mo
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Shots? Well maybe not on the first date.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I agree with all that say vodka and seltzer water with a lime. It's actually hard to drink fast and may not be the most appetizing drink but it's little calories and keeps from having way too much!
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    vodka club soda with lime/olive
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Depends where you're going for your date...If it's to a restaurant, I would go for wine. If you're going "out, out", then one of the other suggestions. But I'm a wine lover :)