Hi! New here!!

Options
Hi, my name is Kylee, and I'm a stay at home mom of 2 wonderful kids! Im new to myfitnesspal.com but I joined because I liked the idea of having so much support from so many people on here. I have tried to lose weight before and was unsuccesful. I gave up because 1. I never had any support or anyone standing in my corner cheering me on. 2. because I never saw results fast enough. After reading some success stories on here i've realized now to lose weight the healthy way, the pounds come off over time. And 3. because well, I never really knew how to lose weight or eat healthy. This is all new to me and im hoping that with the help of some family and friends, I can do this the right way! Im hoping to make some new friends along my journey as well!

Replies

• njnayyar
    njnayyar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm new too...Let's do it!!!!!
  • adplus7
    adplus7 Posts: 11
    Options
    Go Kylee.
  • jenjust6
    Options
    Welcome! I just started a week ago, and I love it! You're right, slow is the way to go for long-lasting results. But because I had been "bad" this summer, when I got back on track with MFP, I lost 7 pounds in the first week! Very encouraging...

I wish you luck, and if you want a support team member, let me know!

Jennifer
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi Kylee -- welcome to the site! I'm right down the road from you in Erie! This is a great place for your weight loss journey. All of the points that you mentioned are covered right here. The support and motivation you will receive from your MFP friends is priceless. The food and exercise diaries will help keep you accountable. The forum will answer your questions, offer recipes, and show you success stories of other members. You will love this place!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This site is awesome for keeping track of what's going into your body and how many calories you burn and the support is awesome. Good luck reaching your goals, you can do it!
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yes the more friends th better! Feel free to add me!
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    Hi there

I think support is one of the most important factors when you are losing weight and everyone on here has been really friendly. Good luck.