Disney nerd seeks motivation!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jessifer123
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck with your journey!

I'm a Disney Nerd too!! Going to Mickeys Christmas Party in December...I've been to that once before and it is beautiful and I cant wait!!!
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    [Get to Disneyland during Christmas. Just do it.

And don't worry, someone didn't actually fall off the ride vehicle. The queue for TOT at DCA is two levels in a big open room. The person who fell was goofing off and went over the railing on the second floor loading platform. They're OK - just stupid. BUT, I have been on it when the system was emergency stopped - it was New Year's Eve and when on the ride during the open part at the top, someone's top hat flew off their head and out the opening, triggering a safety sensor that then immediately shut down the ride. My group had been loaded into our elevator car, and moved back to get into position for the vertical shaft, and then nothin'. :laugh: It's fun being able to say I've been evac'd off of TOT.

I know!! I LOVE all the Christmas decorations. AND NO SNOW!! I am willing to forgoe a visit with my family on Christmas to sacrifice being at EITHER disneyland. :love:

OK, was wondering how the heck someone fell OFF TOT! Which by the way, is one of my fav rides, along with EE, and Soarin' :love: :love: :love: LOVE Soarin'. Sigh...Yep I'm a disneygeek too!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    [Get to Disneyland during Christmas. Just do it.

And don't worry, someone didn't actually fall off the ride vehicle. The queue for TOT at DCA is two levels in a big open room. The person who fell was goofing off and went over the railing on the second floor loading platform. They're OK - just stupid. BUT, I have been on it when the system was emergency stopped - it was New Year's Eve and when on the ride during the open part at the top, someone's top hat flew off their head and out the opening, triggering a safety sensor that then immediately shut down the ride. My group had been loaded into our elevator car, and moved back to get into position for the vertical shaft, and then nothin'. :laugh: It's fun being able to say I've been evac'd off of TOT.

I know!! I LOVE all the Christmas decorations. AND NO SNOW!! I am willing to forgoe a visit with my family on Christmas to sacrifice being at EITHER disneyland. :love:

OK, was wondering how the heck someone fell OFF TOT! Which by the way, is one of my fav rides, along with EE, and Soarin' :love: :love: :love: LOVE Soarin'. Sigh...Yep I'm a disneygeek too!!

EE is SUCH a great ride! Especially when the Yeti is working propertly. I really enjoyed Test Track...and the Country Bear Jamboree - then again I just miss those guys since they tore ours out to put Winne the Blah in. :yawn: Oh and I miss The Adventurer's Club like WOAH. WHYYYY did they have to do away with that club? KUNGALOOSH!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I second my vote for EE! so cool!! last time we went to DL, we rode on the Indiana Jones ride, at least 9 times I'd say lol. Too bad it's not at WDW. Splash Mt. is also a fave. The other day I was humming the Laughing Place song hahaha, how can you not love these things!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I second my vote for EE! so cool!! last time we went to DL, we rode on the Indiana Jones ride, at least 9 times I'd say lol. Too bad it's not at WDW. Splash Mt. is also a fave. The other day I was humming the Laughing Place song hahaha, how can you not love these things!

Splash Mountain is great except when it decides to become Tsunami Mountain. One of my cell phones died because of that attraction, and I swear that double dip in the Laughing Place section can drench you without any effort!

Indy is one of the best rides ever! I wanna walk though it so badly, I bet it would be an awesome experience!
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have never ridden on Indiana Jones ride. Test Track is awesome too -- way fast. Love Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad. Do those over and over again right after another.

We had tickets to MVMCP too but spent the whole party doing Splash and Thunder while the rest of the park was watching the nighttime parade. We watched some of it after our dinner but bee lined it to the back to ride the rides with just walk ons. Then we ended up leaving early cause I couldn't walk any more. It was still worth it though.
  • brandip22
    Options
    Hi folks! I just saw your thread and had to post. I am new here and also a Disney Nut- my DH calls me obsessed. Oh well! We are DVCers and get to go at least once a year. We are lucky this time that we have APs and went in May, DS(8) and I are going in November and we will get to go in March for Mardi Gras as well. I hate to waste those APs!

Anyway, I have tried a million things to lose weight. They all work, but my problem is that I lost motivation quickly. I also want to lose weight and be back to a size 8 NOW!! That's my problem. So, I am really really trying to change how and what I eat overall, rather than just a "diet." I am bad about follow through and will need someone to kick my butt and make me accountable!

So hi to you all and good luck onyour journey!

Brandi