Replies

• VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love 1 minute planks yesss
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    OK, I know this will probably sound like a really stupid question, but it is a serious one. How do you time yourself? I work out alone so I do not have anyone there with me to time me and I cannot figure out how to do a timer myself. Of course I have a stopwatch on my phone, but how do you hit the start and top button while in a plank position. (Please no smart remarks, I am serious in asking this question. :embarassed: )
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just add about 2 seconds to my timer so that I can get into the correct position.
  • LemonEleven
    LemonEleven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. Will report back when I look up how to do a plank. lol.
  • DaRealMcKoy
    DaRealMcKoy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's a long time! Good for you!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, now for the next challange here's a harder version of the plank

http://bretcontreras.com/the-rkc-plank/
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I can only do like 30-40 seconds at the moment.... I've been working on it and hope to be doing 1 minute at some point, soon.
  • JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    OK, I know this will probably sound like a really stupid question, but it is a serious one. How do you time yourself? I work out alone so I do not have anyone there with me to time me and I cannot figure out how to do a timer myself. Of course I have a stopwatch on my phone, but how do you hit the start and top button while in a plank position. (Please no smart remarks, I am serious in asking this question. :embarassed: )

I just do the old "1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi, etc etc etc....." to keep up with mine...
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have my mobile phone in front of me and press start on a timer when I'm in position :)
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have my mobile phone in front of me and press start on a timer when I'm in position :)

I do this too... place it right next to my hands and hit it when I get set.... it doesn't have to be exact.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I can do a minute, never really pushed past a minute. I'm sure insanity will have me planking more than I want!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I have gotten up to 1.15 sec but i did this at the END of my chest/tricep day so i may have been able to go longer if i did them first. They are on my forearms.
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can do 1 minute when my back isn't playing up, 40 seconds otherwise. Side plank 40 seconds a side. Core strength work is soooo good for you!!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Recently did 1:45. Not bad for an old fat man.
  • kakklespakkle
    Options
  • kakklespakkle
    Options

Not bad for a young thin man, either!!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I do 1 min. Its excruciating!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options

I just do the old "1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi, etc etc etc....." to keep up with mine...

Same here
  • boyurboy
    boyurboy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you have an iDevice, get "Seconds Pro" It is a timer app, very flexible...you can have a "Get Ready" Interval, then the actual timer starts automatically. Works well for all sorts of stuff.
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    WTG! I have not tried to hold it for a minute but am working on being able to do both my left and right side planks for 20 each via JM's Yoga Meltdown DVD.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!