The worst body that you ever saw!

Options

Replies

• Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I got my first stretch marks aged 9.

I was in a wheelchair and in leg plasters for 5 years. They were removed and I had a growth spurt that left me with dark purple veins on my inner thighs and VERY deep white ridges on y hips and outer thighs. So I started at 9 years old, earlier than most.

And you get used to them! And much like the poster who made the wonderful comment about tiger stripes, mines remind me of successfully beating my disability despite the chances I could have been left crippled had it not been noticed earlier!

In time, you will learn to accept them.
  • Slumza
    Options
    Update: http://gyazo.com/37788ace291e3a456fcb1ae96e3000a8 is buying this worth it? Does it look better? On parts of Arm
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have excessive scarring on my arm from major surgery and I used to hide it and cover it.. I then saw a young man in just a pair of shorts running in the park without a care in the world playing footy with his mates.. His entire body and face was covered in what looks like burn scars.. and you know what.. he didnt care! sure a few people looked.. a couple of kids starred a little but ultimately he was just another lad playing footy in the park.

Made me realize I could have been a whole lot worse! I ditched the long sleeves and wore a t-shirt for the first time in ages.. if you genuinely cant reevaluate your body and realize its not as bad as you think and that it could be a whole lot worse then I fear you may have something called Body dysmorphic disorder and need professional help

Exactly!! Count your blessings and keep at it!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    its just Ive been asked about it and ever since 6th grade people asked what happened to your arm. THis is when they were red. I said I hopped a fence and it left scars. Then another guy thought I was buff because I had them. but that was like 7-8 years ago. But Im still traumatized.

11yr old boys are really quite vulnerable, and can end up taking things on really badly. It's the start of puberty so emotions are more powerful then than probably at any other time. Probably also because the intellect is not yet properly formed so the child can't see the big picture.

what you have to do is deal with this not as an issue of stretchmarks, but as an issue of growing up and being teased. I was teased for curly hair and glasses from the first day of primary school till high school. I remember wondering what it was about glasses that made me such a bad person for wearing them. I truly thought I was a freak. Truly.

And I look back as an adult and I see the whole picture, which is of a bunch of revolting little kiddies saying the first thing they think of, without thought or regard for its effect.

What has happened to you looks to be the result of inflexible skin more than anything. it's not something you've done wrong. It's not something you need to be embarrassed by. There is no more shame in those marks than there is in my glasses and if you think I got the wrong end of the stick about the curly hair and glasses, you'll have to let go of your distress about the stretch marks. :)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Update: http://gyazo.com/37788ace291e3a456fcb1ae96e3000a8 is buying this worth it? Does it look better? On parts of Arm

Did you just put the stuff on half the arm?, you need to take the pic in the same position as you were in for the other photo. :) I think it's masking it but can't be sure.

Oh and I meant to say: moisturising your skin will allow the scars to shrink. Scars want to shrink but cannot if there is not enough skin. so moisturise. :)
  • marshxomellow
    Options
    Think of it this way, stretch marks tell a story. And your body doesn't look at all monstrous to me if that's really your body from the link you posted. Think of stretch marks as art. Someone will learn to love and appreciate them. ;)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    Truth: People aren't going to care that much about your stretch marks. The right person for you isn't going to care at all and will probably find them attractive.

As women, most of us have no choice but to embrace stretch marks. They're part of life. It would be very hypocritical to judge a man for having something that we almost all have.

Don't feel like you have to hide them. They're not ugly at all.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks, saggy skin, wrinkles, etc. It's all part of being human. Count your blessings that you are able are healthy and able to move. So many people aren't as fortunate!:flowerforyou:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    body shaming is really awful...

especially when we do it to ourselves with our own minds. It becomes a trap we live inside of our heads.

You look fine.

Stop looking for flaws and start looking for the wonderful.

^^^ so much this.

To you those marks are glaring and bright, but I can assure you that they aren't to anyone else. I have stretch marks, I always will. It is what it is, and there is no point in being mean to myself about it.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Everyone has something they're not proud of on their bodies - I have a traditional c-section that goes from my belly button to pubic bone and now my stomach looks like two butt cheeks. I recognize its there and I laugh about it.....what else am I to do? The same with you too, just accept it and move on, there's nothing you can do to change what years of wear and tear will do to someones body and skin. Enjoy the skin your in now, because before we know it, we'll be dead and gone.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Don't let something like stretch marks ruin your life or make you hate your body. You're too young to let the years go by feeling ashamed of a perfectly fine body. Nothing is wrong with you.

When I was 12, I grew from 5'2" to 5'9" in the span of about a year. I've always had stretch marks. They're just part of the hand I was dealt. I'm 41 now. I've lived a full and happy life so far, stretch marks and all. :smile:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    If you can walk, if you have arms and legs, if your heart beats, your kidneys filter your blood, your pancreas releases insulin, if your brain can think, you do not have the worst body ever.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks they will never go away, should I spend the rest of my life miserable for something that I cannot change? Nope I pierced my belly button to draw attention to it. I am who I am because of my imperfections, they make me, me and I like me :)
    486a4be1-1b2d-4a7f-9676-359340647915_zpsc4b1e971.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Tattoos.. Half sleeves both arm.
    btw you're not a monster. Definitely not the worst body ever..
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    People who develop muscle quickly also get stretch marks...so if you are so adverse to them start lifting and put on a bunch of muscle and tell people you gained so much muscle you got stretch marks...fake it til you make it my brother.
  • Slumza
    Options
    People who develop muscle quickly also get stretch marks...so if you are so adverse to them start lifting and put on a bunch of muscle and tell people you gained so much muscle you got stretch marks...fake it til you make it my brother.

Lovin this idea!
  • CassieLeigh86
    CassieLeigh86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience with stretch marks per sé, but a good treatment for scars in general is sun bathing. Rub yourself with coconut oil and lay out in the sun for an hour or so every other day and see if it helps at all. Don't lay out in the middle of the afternoon though, go before 12:00pm or after 3:00pm so you don't get the harmful UV rays. Give it some time, have a little patience. I don't think it's as bad in reality as it seems in your mind, you really don't need to feel embarrassed about wearing short-sleeved shirts.

Not sure if anyone else already said this, but PLEASE DO NOT follow the above advice. Rubbing yourself with coconut oil and sitting in the sun at ANY time of day is a recipe for skin cancer...

As far as stretch marks, I've had them since I was probably 9 or 10, my thighs being the most heavily scarred. Like yours, mine are older scars and thus white. While I sometimes wish that I had perfectly smooth, unblemished skin, I try not to get bogged down by it. There are many many things to be proud of about yourself and your body. Focus on those :smile:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience with stretch marks per sé, but a good treatment for scars in general is sun bathing. Rub yourself with coconut oil and lay out in the sun for an hour or so every other day and see if it helps at all. Don't lay out in the middle of the afternoon though, go before 12:00pm or after 3:00pm so you don't get the harmful UV rays. Give it some time, have a little patience. I don't think it's as bad in reality as it seems in your mind, you really don't need to feel embarrassed about wearing short-sleeved shirts.

Not sure if anyone else already said this, but PLEASE DO NOT follow the above advice. Rubbing yourself with coconut oil and sitting in the sun at ANY time of day is a recipe for skin cancer...

Agreed, that's possibly the worst advice I have ever read, and I spent a lot of time on pinterest, so I know bad advice...
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I really don't know what to do! My body is monstrous its unfixable I have the worst stretch marks ever and bodyfat to go along with that it really harms me and my self-confidence. i feel like as these stretch marks are a curse and I often call them curse marks, Ive spoken to dermatologist but they said that these stretch marks are old and white it will be very hard to blend in with your skin type and it could look worst. I dont even think getting 10% bodyfat being cut would even help them at all! I hide them all the time wearing long sleeve shirts. And I can get cut easy for me Ive been through mental pain so much lifting weights is no pain at all compared to that. And people think Im crazy wearing long sleeve when its really hot outside. Its all over my legs thigh everywhere! I really don't know what to do! I hate life! My Body : http://gyazo.com/36e32a1d9ce5a2732184c1e53417dae3

Tough love time! Your stretchmarks will never go, ever. Fact. I have them everywhere and always will. Your body fat you can definitely improve, keep at it! 10% loss in body fat will do nothing for your stretchmarks but wonders for your health. You are not monstrous in the slightest, the only thing frightening about you is your hatred for your own skin. You need to change the way you see yourself before you change anything else!

^^ this
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I use that dark tanning oil on my belly at night..then in the morning exfoliate it in the shower..apply jergens firming lotion...I was skeptical but it is helping..good luck! :)