Texas State Fair

Options

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Nutella_000.jpg

Whipped Nutella wrapped around a extra crispy dough and deep fried. Topped with strawberries bananas MORE Nutella chocolate whipped cream and powdered sugar.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    Golden Fried Millionaire Pie – Sweetened, fluffy cream cheese filling is loaded with golden pineapple and Texas pecans then wrapped in a flaky pie crust and fried to a golden brown. Topped with whipped cream, toasted coconut, and candied pecans.

OMG.

golden_000.jpg

Everything is better with Pictures
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    meatloaf.jpg
    Southern Style Chicken-Fried Meatloaf:::
    Homemade meatloaf slices are coated in an authentic Texas chicken-fried breading and deep fried golden brown. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, Texas cream gravy, and a ketchup/brown sugar glaze for dipping.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I so want to visit America and try these fried foods (think ill have to run a marathon or something afterwards though!)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    Texas-Fireball.jpg
    Texas Fried Fireball
    Pimento cheese, pickles, cayenne pepper, and bacon are rolled into a ball, dipped in buttermilk, covered with a jalapeno-infused batter and deep fried. Served with chipotle ranch for dipping
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    thanksgiving_000.jpg
    Fried Thanksgiving Dinner
    Mama’s homemade stuffing and diced roasted turkey are rolled in a ball. Next it’s dipped in southern cream corn and rolled in seasoned corn meal - all fried to a crispy golden brown. Served with old fashion giblet brown gravy. The zesty orange cranberry sauce fills your dipping needs and results in a complete thanksgiving dinner, FRIED!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    In for yummy fried foods...must we eat them nekkid as well???
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Nutella_000.jpg

Whipped Nutella wrapped around a extra crispy dough and deep fried. Topped with strawberries bananas MORE Nutella chocolate whipped cream and powdered sugar.

Yes please, I'll have one as soon as I've finished this here millionaire's pie! *licks plate*
    (the photo makes it even better!!)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Texas-Fireball.jpg
    Texas Fried Fireball
    Pimento cheese, pickles, cayenne pepper, and bacon are rolled into a ball, dipped in buttermilk, covered with a jalapeno-infused batter and deep fried. Served with chipotle ranch for dipping

OK, thanks you can keep that one! jalapeno = no thanks for me!
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Texas-Fireball.jpg
    Texas Fried Fireball

Oh my god I need to eat this before I die.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Im 8 hours away, but when the Southeast Texas fair comes through a few months later, we get all the most popular foods from the state fair.

I eat all deh fewds.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I so want to visit America and try these fried foods (think ill have to run a marathon or something afterwards though!)

Fortunately we have marathons too-just be sure to sign up a day or two AFTER the food-not the same day ;)
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Went to the Kentucky State Fair last month here in Louisville. I had a jalapeno corn dog and a red velvet funnel cake topped with cream cheese icing....Oh my gaaawd!!!! Followed it up with my man, Toby Keith!

What I didn't try but would have loved to....deep fried girl scout cookies, Krispy Kreme donut burger and a deep fried turkey leg. YUM!!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Sure, am I staying with you?

Sure....as long as you follow my tradition in which all female guests (who are unrelated to me and over the age of 18) must maintain nekkidness at all times.

And here I thought it was that all guests must sleep with the host. Phew, nekkidness I can handle.

MMM....IN

For more nekkidness with Melissa

And pillow fights

We CAN pillow fight right?

Yes, but if it's anything like our last meet up I'll be missing another pair of panties.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Went to the Kentucky State Fair last month here in Louisville. I had a jalapeno corn dog and a red velvet funnel cake topped with cream cheese icing....Oh my gaaawd!!!! Followed it up with my man, Toby Keith!

What I didn't try but would have loved to....deep fried girl scout cookies, Krispy Kreme donut burger and a deep fried turkey leg. YUM!!

Deep fried turkey leg??????? Good grief. I would have had multiple trips to that booth!!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    can we go for sushi instead?

Instead? No.

Before or after? Hell, yeah.
  • sunshinesquared
    Options

Deep fried turkey leg??????? Good grief. I would have had multiple trips to that booth!!

It looked AMAZING! Smoked, then deep fried. Will def try it next year!! ;-)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Send me 3. Please.
  • shannashannabobana
    Options
    Texas-Fireball.jpg
    Texas Fried Fireball
    Now that one I would try!!!

I am also down for the nutella, in whatever form (although its best with crepes).

Intrigued by the chicken fried meatloaf. That isn't something I've ever seen, but I bet it would taste good.
  • sunshinesquared
    Options

Send me 3. Please.

If there are any left, be glad to! Loooooooong line, popular item!