I literally CAN'T STAND vegetables

Options
Aside from leafy greens and cucumbers, vegetable literally make me gag. I really need the nutrients from them. Is there any way to cook vegetables that you think I may like? I have serious consistency problems with food as well, so I think that may be part of it.

Replies

• Wtffit
    Options
    I am on a high fat diet so this may not work for you, but just melt cheese on them.

Another thing you can do is try roasted them with liberal applications of spices(cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, cinnamon).
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you like things like stew, jambalaya, curry or soup, you might consider making veggies a large part of these dishes, with (like someone else said) the liberal application of spicing. Don't overcook the vegetables (you don't say what your consistency issue is...you don't like "squishy" foods? you don't like hard/crunchy?) but experiment to find which cooking methods get the vegetables to the consistency you prefer.

I also like making skewers with meat and vegetables and sometimes fruit. Peaches barbeque really well and might prove a distraction for your taste buds! A zesty barbeque sauce might help with flavour issues also.

I have a spouse with food consistency issues and a friend who doesn't eat veggies...I've tried a lot of things when making meals! Sometimes it just takes trial and error, unfortunately. Best of luck.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Literally? It's easy! Find their center of gravity, and use THAT point as their base. You can then prop them up into a standing position for all of your still life needs.
  • pfeisty1
    pfeisty1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Making them in dfiferent ways may help. I like Cauliflower rice (website with pictures) http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1626071845/another-simpler-version-of-cauliflower-rice. Very filling. I get the fibre and nutrients, its' flavorful and I can mix it with anything. Also, zucchini pizza crust (I saw a recipe below and I have made this myself--delicious). Veggies don't have to be boring and bland. It just takes a bit of research to find the ones that will work for you.

Good luck
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    eat what you like. don't force yourself to eat something if it makes you gag...plain and simple
  • marvjensen
    Options
    There are several things in the juice section of your grocery store where fruit juice is mixed with vegetable juices. I like the idea of juicing but find that trying to have what I want on hand thats fresh and the hassle of blending each time I want something doesn't work with my lifestyle. Also if you like flavor and spice, mixing bell peppers and onions with the veggies you do like makes them more palitable. I like to roast mine by putting everything in aluminum foil, drizzle a little oilve oil and go heavey on the spices. 30 t0 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven produces delicious veggies.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Aside from leafy greens and cucumbers, vegetable literally make me gag. I really need the nutrients from them. Is there any way to cook vegetables that you think I may like? I have serious consistency problems with food as well, so I think that may be part of it.

Fry them up, french fries are pretty awesome
  • dorisbunker39
    dorisbunker39 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Literally? It's easy! Find their center of gravity, and use THAT point as their base. You can then prop them up into a standing position for all of your still life needs.

Brilliant, took the words right out of my mouth. x
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Therapy might help.

and I am completely serious not being mean. Sometimes it can help with texture issues etc.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Except the definition of literally changed last month so it now means both literally and the complete opposite of literally.

It made me die inside.
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options

Bahahahahaha
  • somerisagirlsname
    Options

Except the definition of literally changed last month so it now means both literally and the complete opposite of literally.

It made me die inside.

Tell me you're joking. Literally tell me you're joking.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Juice!
  • dorisbunker39
    dorisbunker39 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

On a serious note, food choices is developed through adolescence into adult maturity, we psychologically understand that we need certain food s for health and survival. If a person is adverse to one type of food, say the cabbage this is considered normal and all about individual choice but to feel this way to a whole food group is more to do with a psychological issue then personal preference. If you really want to change your attitude to food try to speak to a therapist. It works wonders and you will come out understanding more about your relationship to food then ever before. xxx Hope this helps.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    O rly?

You mean to tell me that out of the THOUSANDS of varieties of produce growing in this massive world and all you can do is essentially grass and a bad pickle?

Dont eat them then, and take vitamins instead.

Or get your mother to come over and tell you to eat your veggies or ypu're not allowed to leave the tsble.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options

It made me die inside.

Literally?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

BAHAHAHAHA! OMG I LOVE YOU!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Fry them up, french fries are pretty awesome

yup. anything fried is 100 times better than it's original version.