I literally CAN'T STAND vegetables

Options
13»

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Literally? It's easy! Find their center of gravity, and use THAT point as their base. You can then prop them up into a standing position for all of your still life needs.

I really don't appreciate it when someone is first in on word play and takes all the credit
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Literally? Did you line up a bunch of carrots and they fell time and time again?
    Carrots are the worst fcking soldiers. Lazy bastids.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm the same but find I can stomach lots of Broccoli.
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I really think its all in how you make them. Most people steam or boil the crap out of their veggies and all the nutrients are gone. For carrots you can make a light brown sugar glaze and for others you can add onion or garlic. Veggies can taste better if you know what to pair them up with. You might need just a tad bit of salt or some cheese.

As a cook, I have found creative ways to make veggies more edible. Hit me up if you want some more ideas.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    do an internet search for hiding vegetables in food for kids. Zucchini brownies, beets in chocolate cake, etc. Lots of great ideas out there.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I am not a good veggie eater either. But, I have found a great way of implementing them into my way of life in a healthy, whole food kind of way. I found a great site, Incredible Smoothies, that has wonderful recipes for putting our veggies and just the right fresh fruit blend into a blender and mixing it in a way that will be more appealing to our palat. I am amazed at how blending an apple and some fresh fruit can enhance the taste of throwing in some fresh baby spinach leaves etc. Not sure if this will help or not, but if you have a blender and don't mind experimenting with some fresh veggies and fruits, I am loving it. I just started it. I am a horrible veggie eater except for the starchy not so great kind, so mixing fresh carrots, baby spinach, kale, etc with some sweet fruit is a great option for me. She has so many great blender recipes on there for us veggie rebels :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If you REALLY hate them that much, try blending them and add to soup...until last Christmas I HATED brocolli.....I tried it again and now it's my most favourite veggie.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Um. Eat more fruit?
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Except the definition of literally changed last month so it now means both literally and the complete opposite of literally.

It made me die inside.

Tell me you're joking. Literally tell me you're joking.

I really wish I was. Literally.

from http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/literally

adverb
    in a literal manner or sense; exactly:
    the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabout
    tiramisu, literally translated ‘pull-me-up’

informal used for emphasis while not being literally true:
    I have received literally thousands of letters

Well, I'm dead now.

LOL you're the one who used the word wrong!

Stand. Noun. An attitude toward a particular issue. Verb. To be able to endure an issue.

I literally cannot endure vegetables.

Seems correct to me!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Add veggies to meals like casseroles, macaroni and cheese, pasta, soups, chili, etc. Also I like to roast them in the oven with olive oil and spices, and also sauté them on the stove. You can find TONS of really yummy recipes online. Over time your taste buds will change and start to like them if you just start eating them. Also raw veggies dipped in ranch or hummus can be really yummy too.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Literally? It's easy! Find their center of gravity, and use THAT point as their base. You can then prop them up into a standing position for all of your still life needs.

:flowerforyou:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Except the definition of literally changed last month so it now means both literally and the complete opposite of literally.

It made me die inside.

Tell me you're joking. Literally tell me you're joking.

I really wish I was. Literally.

from http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/literally

adverb
    in a literal manner or sense; exactly:
    the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabout
    tiramisu, literally translated ‘pull-me-up’

informal used for emphasis while not being literally true:
    I have received literally thousands of letters

*facepalm*
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Finely shred things like carrots and zucchini and you can add them to anything. I add them to ground meat during cooking and you can't even tell. Add them to soups, stews, and casseroles
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    If you like things like stew, jambalaya, curry or soup, you might consider making veggies a large part of these dishes, with (like someone else said) the liberal application of spicing. Don't overcook the vegetables (you don't say what your consistency issue is...you don't like "squishy" foods? you don't like hard/crunchy?) but experiment to find which cooking methods get the vegetables to the consistency you prefer.

I also like making skewers with meat and vegetables and sometimes fruit. Peaches barbeque really well and might prove a distraction for your taste buds! A zesty barbeque sauce might help with flavour issues also.

I have a spouse with food consistency issues and a friend who doesn't eat veggies...I've tried a lot of things when making meals! Sometimes it just takes trial and error, unfortunately. Best of luck.

It's kind of a weird consistency issue and it's kind of broad. Squishy I definitely don't like. Any kind of Puree isn't good for me. Yogurt makes me gag. I don't really know where I picked up this issue from.
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I have the same problem with fruit. Can't stand the texture of any of them. I absolutely love vegetables, but the only fruits I can eat are apples and *sometimes* grapes. I like the taste of oranges and strawberries, but the texture makes me gag, so I usually don't eat them. I don't know why, I just can't help it. Don't know where it came from, but it's plenty annoying because to me, fruits do look really delicious and smell so good, but once I try to eat them...blehk. I just eat what fruits I know I like and stick to vitamins for anything else I may miss.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Maybe try grating veggies. I used to hate veggies too but now I quite like them in stir fry.

Try grating carrots and sprinkle them over things. Stir fry some white cabbage finely shredded.

As others have said casseroles...sometimes trying different ways to eat foods can change your opinions of them.

To the poster that does not like fruit, sometimes changing the meal such as chicken and grated apple is nice