I've never been thin!

Options
Has anyone else here never really ever been thin?
I have never reached obese status, but I've generally always been in the overweight category.
I'm doing great so far with my weight loss.. but I wish I had a "high school weight" or some kind of perspective to see myself as a slimmer me.. but it's hard to see because I've never been there. I think my lowest weight was 147 in my early-mid 20's.. which was STILL technically overweight.
I'd love to hear from people who are/have been in the same boat. :)

I could also use some determined and like minded/motivated individuals for friends on my journey!

Replies

• TardisMom
    TardisMom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight since I was 12-14 so all of my memories of a "fit" me were when I was a kid. I know how you feel, it's hard not really having any idea what your body will look like at a healthy weight. Sometimes I am scared that when I do lose the weight I still wont be happy with how I look(loose skin, small boobs, ect.) but I remind myself that any improvement is an improvement to my health. I don't have any health issues related to my weight yet but I never want to get to a point where I have diabetes or the like. I take care of the elderly as an LTC nurse and most of my patients who are in a nursing home young are there because of complications that involve obesity.
  • tomii13
    tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've never been "thin".

At one time, I was obese, I avoided all the numbers and scales like the plague, but if I want to be honest, I know those numbers said obese all over.

Today I'm not "thin" but I am healthier, wayy healthier, and fit, or atleast working on it.

I'm from Miami, and sometimes I see these little plastic girls that ARE "thin" and I laugh because I might not be a Barbie, but I can most likely out last them in any physical activity - and to me that's fit. I'm happy with that :)
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale. :) I know exactly what ya mean about plastic people.
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    I was never ever ever thin or even a normal weight, not even as a child. When people ask me what my goal weight is, I have no idea what the answer should be...I have no idea what weight would be right for me, as I've never been a healthy weight. I figure anything is better than where I was, though, and that when I get closer to what I think might be normal, I'll talk to my doctor and nutritionist and see what they recommend. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    Options
    I've never been at a healthy weight. My thinnest was a few years ago before baby number 2 at 150lbs at 5'2. However I was athletic, confident, and was training for a marathon. I want to get back to that.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    Options
    I've never been at a healthy weight. My thinnest was a few years ago before baby number 2 at 150lbs at 5'2. However I was athletic, confident, and was training for a marathon. I want to get back to that.

Your screenname made me laugh. It's good to have a sense of humor about this process.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I am Obese. No one believes me though. I was never thin and on the upper end of "normal" as a kid. Once I hit puberty I was always "overweight". I was may healthiest my senior year of high school, active with a fabulous figure but the charts still put me as "overweight".
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Life-long fatty here. At least, until recently.

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, the thin 'me' was virtually impossible because I never, ever remember being this weight ever. So I have no way of gauging when to 'stop', so I'll keep going until I'm satisfied. XD Keep moving the goalposts. You'll surprise yourself with what you're able to do.

Add me for support! =)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    This website is kind of fun. You can enter your current weight and your goal weight and it gives you an estimate of what you will look like. :)

http://www.modelmydiet.com/
  • MammaMouse
    Options
    I've been overweight since roughly 9 or 10 years old. The closest I've gotten as an adult was at about 16, when I got down to 197 for about a week. One day I will get there, though!
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have never been thin. I have been very fit at different times, but never thin and never the ideal weight according to the height/weight chart.

I always say I want to be so thin that my family begs me to eat. HA! I don't foresee that ever happening. And people who say they "forgot" to eat. Seriously, I cannot imagine ever forgetting to eat. I can forget to take medicine or forget my cell phone, but food, no way.

When I told my husband I had lost 6 pounds, I added that he must promise to tell me if I get too skinny...and we just laughed and laughed. :)
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I truly can never recall being thin. Even pictures from when I was 5 show me being a bigger size. I can also recall being in 9th grade and being a size 8, 10th grade a size 9, 11th grade a size 10, etc and thinking that it was normal to go up a size as my age did (I wasn't the smartest one in the bunch haha) I have no idea what my "normal size" is since I have never been "normal" or "thin." I just know that I am not comfortable being 30 and in size 18. I am obese and would love to be overweight instead and comfortable/fit!

Oh and you are welcome to friend me. I'll send you a request now!
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    Options
    I have never been thin. I have been very fit at different times, but never thin and never the ideal weight according to the height/weight chart.

I always say I want to be so thin that my family begs me to eat. HA! I don't foresee that ever happening. And people who say they "forgot" to eat. Seriously, I cannot imagine ever forgetting to eat. I can forget to take medicine or forget my cell phone, but food, no way.

When I told my husband I had lost 6 pounds, I added that he must promise to tell me if I get too skinny...and we just laughed and laughed. :)

Yeah, forgetting to eat? I hate those people! LoL.
  • chadraeder3
    Options
    I have been a fat *kitten* all my life. I am at a lower weight now then when I was in 11th grade. I have discussed with my friends and I don't think I could or would ever get to the BMI determined healthy weight unless I acquired some wasting disease, my body frame would not look right at that weight.

Right now I am focusing on eating healthier and living healthier because I would like to see the time that I can at least backup my brain and all the knowledge and experiences I have stuck in my head. Even if I could not transfer my consciousness just being able to save everything for future humans will allow at least a part of me to live on.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    Options
    I truly can never recall being thin. Even pictures from when I was 5 show me being a bigger size. I can also recall being in 9th grade and being a size 8, 10th grade a size 9, 11th grade a size 10, etc and thinking that it was normal to go up a size as my age did (I wasn't the smartest one in the bunch haha) I have no idea what my "normal size" is since I have never been "normal" or "thin." I just know that I am not comfortable being 30 and in size 18. I am obese and would love to be overweight instead and comfortable/fit!

Oh and you are welcome to friend me. I'll send you a request now!

Yeah, I was normal as a child.. but towards middle school onward I was always heavier than most. I've always call myself the "fat friend," but not too seriously. I'm just realistic with myself. I don't get down on myself.. but I'm finally doing something about it! And sure! I'll add ya. I can use some goal oriented people to motivate me. :)
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    Options

Your screenname made me laugh. It's good to have a sense of humor about this process.

I've been Fatty forever LOL.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I never thought of myself as being "thin" when I was younger, but now when I look back at the photos, I would be happy if I could get to that size again. Of course, being smaller would be okay, too! I wasn't fit, but I was definitely at a healthy weight and was well laid out for my body type. It's all about perspective, I suppose. :)

Either way, if you continue on, you will eventually get to see that new version of you. Let the thrill of the surprise you have in store for yourself keep you motivated!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I also have never been thin. I have always been bigger. I did not hit the obese category until mid 20s. My heaviest weight I hit 230. I did lose 50 pounds 6 years ago and then gained 40 of it back. Lost it again and then gained it again. Now Im slowly losing it again!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Life-long fatty here. At least, until recently.

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, the thin 'me' was virtually impossible because I never, ever remember being this weight ever. So I have no way of gauging when to 'stop', so I'll keep going until I'm satisfied. XD Keep moving the goalposts. You'll surprise yourself with what you're able to do.

I agree with this - I'm the lightest I've ever been except when I was a child & growing up and through this weight. I've just crept down into the "overweight" category and friends tell me I've lost enough now. But I know I've got 27lbs to go before I get to a "healthy" BMI, and if they can't see where those 27lbs can come from, I'm sure I can!

I was a relatively fit and active fattie all my adult life, let's hope for some more healthy years yet! :drinker:
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I had this same thought today. I'm wearing clothes that have been in the back of my closet for year and need to go shopping. I don't want this size either, but really don't want to spend the money on clothes. I also don't see myself as thinner yet either, still have a long way to go. It's a new learning opportunity for us! Hard to know when to stop, but I think we'll figure it out.