Problems with Insanity

Options
Hello everyone!

I just started doing Insanity and am now on day 10, I love the way it challenges me, but I have a few problems. The first one is that I feel like I can do less and less of the exercises. It's not because I'm out of breath, because my heart rate is actually lower than it was in the beginning, but because my legs just collapse, my muscles can't take it anymore. So I'm pushing just as hard, maybe even harder, but I can do less, why is that? The second problem is that I'm burning a lot less calories, probably because of the fact that my heart rate isn't as high as it was before. This really annoys me, because I want to improve, I want to feel better and right now Insanity is making me hopeless. What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,
Roos (from the Netherlands)

Replies

• tburkett1915
    Options
    How may calories are you eating? How mush protein and fat are you taking in everyday? Sounds like your diet may be the problem.
  • roosreinartz
    Options
    Hello, thanks for replying! On monday I had about 1600 calories, but probably a bit more since I find it hard to estimate how much calories I eat for dinner (it's cooked by other people). We do eat a lot of vegetarian food at our house, so maybe I don't eat enough protein? I still had 41 of the 78 protein "left" and 40 of the 70 "fat". Do you have any good, healthy ideas to increase my protein and fat intake? I'm never hungry and if I am, I eat, so I'm not starving myself.