See what others look like at your height and weight....

Options
I think this site is really great for perspective of height and weight on other people.

You can put in your height, weight, pants size, top size, and body shape (or a combination of the few) to see what real people look like at your current weight (or goal weight).

I think its a cool site to check out if you have a minute. I know there are times where I still think I am overweight or BIG despite my BMI, and it was cool to see what other people look like at my height and weight.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Also it's only for women....sorry guys!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I think this site is really great for perspective of height and weight on other people.

You can put in your height, weight, pants size, top size, and body shape (or a combination of the few) to see what real people look like at your current weight (or goal weight).

I think its a cool site to check out if you have a minute. I know there are times where I still think I am overweight or BIG despite my BMI, and it was cool to see what other people look like at my height and weight.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Is there something like this for men?
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Interesting! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That was really neat...I only found 3 pics that are like me, though :( They need more photos! :)
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ah, wrote a reply having completely misunderstood your post! v useful link, thank you :smile: always wander about this
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    Only for women sorry....
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is, after looking at those photos and seeing how great they look, I still don't think that about me. :sad: Just goes to show how screwed up our own self images really are, cause these ladies were same height and clothes size as me, but I liked their bodies better that mine. :huh: Maybe it has to do with the fact that when I exercise, my chest shrinks faster than anything else and it is rather upsetting...
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Guess that I am just that unique! They didn't have anybody like me! :happy:
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    That's what I meant to say! Self-image is usually skewed at least a little bit. This offers decent perspective.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Aw shucks, they didn't have ANY pics of my body type. :sad:
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    That was really neat...I only found 3 pics that are like me, though :( They need more photos! :)

haha I found NONE. None like me currently or at my goal weight..
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    I just kept my search kind of broad... 5'4 130lbs. Just to get an idea...
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Here is another option, this one has men on it.

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.shtml
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    That was actually really encouraging! I looked through all the 5'3" (and I'm really 5'2.5") and 160 lbs. I looked smaller than just about everyone. My body much more resembled the pictures of people at 150 lbs. Just goes to show that strength training and building up muscle/lower body fat % have a huge impact on how people look. My sister has always told me I look 10 lbs lighter than I am, that definitely helps prove it. I looked at girls who were 130 and my height. I'm gonna be awesome when I hit my goal of 130-140.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    interesting idea. only problem is they dont have ANYONE like me :c it'll be much cooler once their database grows

also there was really only one picture on there that semi matched me. because the other girl was in denial about having an hourglass figure. sorry hun you're straight up and down! just cause you have an ample chest doesnt mean you have an hour glass figure, lemme tell ya.

the girls at my goal weight look FABULOUS though! i cant wait! 8D
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Kinda strange, because everybody on there that matched my height and weight, wore 2 or 3 sizes bigger in pants and shirts than me, and looked bigger than me?? I could see the perception of myself being wrong, but the clothing sizes being way bigger is odd...I wander was someone Lying on there? lol.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Yep, none like me yet either... but I love the idea!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Aw shucks, they didn't have ANY pics of my body type. :sad:

You can add photos to help expand their database, and they'll block out your face.

When I saw the pics of women with bodies like mine, I was like "No way! That girl is so thin!" Like someone mentioned above, yes, our own self-image can be waaaaay screwy!

I entered one at my highest weight, and they didn't have any photos. Maybe I'll add a few that I have to help someone else get an idea.
  • Sparksfly
    Options
    http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.shtml

This was the other site suggested with men and women!
  • cjemtegaard
    Options
    That is really interesting...they didn't have my exact body size but i checked out just my height..and then just the weight...very interesting to see the different body types. Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou: