My favorite meal is only 179 calories !

Options
I know you all probably eat them. They have nutritious vegetables, crispy bacon, a little mayonnaise (If preferred) and on some yummy toast! Yes, BLT'S! I love them! Who else?

Replies

• jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What kind of BLT is only 179 calories?
  • swissbrit
    Options
    Was going to ask the same thing a slice of toast has between 70 up to 130 lol thats without the bacon and mayo :-/
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options

You can get low cal bread, center cut bacon, lettuce and tomato barely have calories, and low fat or light mayo (or no mayo at all, but who eats a BLT without mayo??) :wink: .. Totally can be done for 179 cals!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

You can get low cal bread, center cut bacon, lettuce and tomato barely have calories, and low fat or light mayo (or no mayo at all, but who eats a BLT without mayo??) :wink: .. Totally can be done for 179 cals!

Low or light mayo :sick:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Yuck. Give me the real stuff.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I'm horribly allergic to mayonnaise.
  • shellma00
    Options
    Was going to ask the same thing a slice of toast has between 70 up to 130 lol thats without the bacon and mayo :-/

I have bought bread that is only 45 Cals a slice.

dd58742c-d95c-49ab-8f74-9cc91205ea1f.jpg
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is 25 calories per slice, bread can be 60 per slice so there is 120 and say 50 for bacon. I say it can be done.
  • shellma00
    Options

Low or light mayo :sick:

I prefer the light mayo.. dont taste much different. I use Real Mayo though, not Miracle Whip.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    That, my dear, is called a snack.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    If you are going to have a BLT, just have a damn BLT already. Turkey bacon =/= bacon. Mayo should be real.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I use the 45 calorie bread with low sodium bacon, lettuce tomato and garlic and herb laughing cow cheese wedge (in place of mayo). Love it!!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Say around a 48kcal slice of bread (single slice cut in two), 3x 'bacon medallions' (might be called canadian bacon in the US) for 117kcal, then lettuce and tomato for not much and an ickle bit of extra low mayo.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If you are going to have a BLT, just have a damn BLT already. Turkey bacon =/= bacon. Mayo should be real.

Amen. Turkey bacon would start a war in my house. I wont even buy it and am the one who usually tries to sneak healthy food in to the menu. Bacon is a gift from god.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is 25 calories per slice, bread can be 60 per slice so there is 120 and say 50 for bacon. I say it can be done.

How much bacon do you get for 50 calories?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I have bought bread that is only 45 Cals a slice.

dd58742c-d95c-49ab-8f74-9cc91205ea1f.jpg

i will give you your 45 cal bread. That only gives you 89 calories left for bacon. Not enough bacon.
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options

I use white enriched bread which I buy from walmart. It's 120 calories for 2 slices. But I know wheat would be better.
    Hellman's mayonnaise , half a tablespoon for 50 calories.
    Lettuce (as much as I want.) But today was only 4 calories.
    Fresh tomato, today was only 5 calories.
    Bacon - I personally use precooked bacon because it's faster with a busy schedule , it's 24 calories for 2 slices but today I only used 1 because I only had 1 left, lol but that's 12 calories.
    All together it was actually 191, I just checked but it was filling to me, yummy and a good calorie-limit.
    & if you use lower calorie bread, like the 45 calorie bread it'll be even lower :)
    But shoot, a 300-350 calorie BLT would be just fine with me, just sharing how i made my YUMMY blt.

And it's not a snack, it was a meal "my dear"
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options

How much bacon do you get for 50 calories?

Four slices with the precooked bacon I use, though uncooked bacon would be better:) But i like my precooked just fine!
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options

Amen. Turkey bacon would start a war in my house. I wont even buy it and am the one who usually tries to sneak healthy food in to the menu. Bacon is a gift from god. Why %$*(%$ it up??!!

I looooooove regular bacon, however i don't have much time usually. So I use precooked. It's not turkey bacon though. It's pretty good!
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    Sadly, I'm horribly allergic to mayonnaise.

Awe, mayonnaise is so delicious.. Lol. But it's probably a good thing you are because that stuff is fattening but I can't do without. :)