Replies

• NARudy
    NARudy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nothing...restaurant food in general tends to be very calorie dense...I don't mind splurging big time on my calories once in awhile, but it isn't gonna be at Olive Garden...or Chillis...or Applebees, or any other mediocre commercialized restaurant chain. Just isn't going to happen. If I'm going to max out my budget, I'm eating some good frackin' ****...
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Mezzaluna
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine has a friend who works there, and she says they literally have frozen meals shipped in, and when someone orders something, they just pop it in the microwave like a microwavable meal.

You'd be shocked how many locally owned places serve frozen food as well.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine has a friend who works there, and she says they literally have frozen meals shipped in, and when someone orders something, they just pop it in the microwave like a microwavable meal.

You'd be shocked how many locally owned places serve frozen food as well.

Oh well, I guess its the same thing as me freezing my meals like lasagna at home and re-heating.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I haven't had good experiences with Olive Garden, either. I think I've been 3 times, to 3 different locations, and all I remember are grease and salt and over-dressed salad. The breadsticks that so many people seem to like seem especially greasy to me. It wasn't Applebee's-level gross, but the local diner makes better, fresher-tasting Italian dishes.

I don't hate all chains -- I tried Salty Sow last week and it was pretty good -- but Olive Garden is seriously low on my list.

LOL Applebees gross! That's so funny to me because I will NOT eat at Aplebees if you had a gun to my head. The MOST disgusting "Food" ever

Their light menu isn't bad actually, I've tried three different things and it was always good... but I remember last time I had chicken wings and they were not good.

I haven't been to Olive Garden in ages but I wasn't impressed last time either... I went to Romano's macaroni grill two days ago though and the lasagna was pretty good.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Endless pasta!!!! Just get in a ballin workout beforehand or the following day.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    Whatever you want - but be smart about it. Dressing on the side, box half to take home or split with a friend. Unless you HAVE to have them, nix the appetizers and dessert. I think you're already doing the most important thing, though, and that's planning ahead before you go. Enter "Olive Garden" into the food database and see what comes back. Double check the nutritional information on OG's website. On the day you go, enter whatever it is you plan to eat into your diary first, then plan the rest of your day around it.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I haven't had good experiences with Olive Garden, either. I think I've been 3 times, to 3 different locations, and all I remember are grease and salt and over-dressed salad. The breadsticks that so many people seem to like seem especially greasy to me. It wasn't Applebee's-level gross, but the local diner makes better, fresher-tasting Italian dishes.

I don't hate all chains -- I tried Salty Sow last week and it was pretty good -- but Olive Garden is seriously low on my list.

LOL Applebees gross! That's so funny to me because I will NOT eat at Aplebees if you had a gun to my head. The MOST disgusting "Food" ever

Agreed!!!

thats funny - i love some items from applebees.. and some items from Olive Garden, though lately they are skimpy on the salad (Olive Garden).

I ordered a regular salad, and they brought me 90% lettuce, a few red onions (rings) and a few black olives, no croutons, and 2 slices of tomatos. then they glopped a bunch of the ranch dressing on it. it looked like it was a bit smashed down as if they took someone's salad from another table and put it on mine. If Im going to have a splurge, it better be very succulent food, or else why bother. so i was not impressed, but i did enjoy it other times, i think the waiter may have made the differnence in attention to quality.

Now Red Lobster is anohter fave of mine, though high in sodium, but once in a while i will do it.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My fave is the fettuccine alfredo with grilled chicken, and of course many garlic bread-sticks and lot's of salad with their delicious dressing! Raspberry lemonade is pretty yum too :smile: Oh yeah, and cheese cake for dessert!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. Worked there in college. Would never touch it again.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I only eat there when the rest of the family is eating there. The apricot chicken meal isn't bad and the calorie count isn't bad either. I don't get the pasta at all so I don't worry about the calories in that. I have some places I don't eat when they go to them, buffets/places like Freddies or five guys. So at least this place has one meal that doesn't have pasta, that is lower calorie and higher protein that tastes good. I don't eat the salad or breadsticks either due to the additional calories. I only eat the main meal.