Football Food

Options
CookNLift
CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
I just realized that there is pretty much a cornucopia of "GO-TO" foods for Football Season.

What is yours and if you have a simple recipe throw it here.

I personally love getting buffalo wild wings blazin, and a nice italian sub for everyone to share

Replies

• _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Beer

mo beer
  • CookNLift
    Options
    yeah you seem like a bud light chick lol
  • Power_Man77
    Options
    I just realized that there is pretty much a cornucopia of "GO-TO" foods for Football Season.

What is yours and if you have a simple recipe throw it here.

I personally love getting buffalo wild wings blazin, and a nice italian sub for everyone to share

don't forget the chips and dip
  • _Krys10_
    Options

How dare you :grumble: :grumble:

I like Corona Light, with a lime, in a pink coozie with a big "K" on it :bigsmile:
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    dont forget pizza

i like nachos
  • skinnygal05
    skinnygal05 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I always make some hot wing type dish but this Sunday we are having BBQ pulled pork on rolls, and I'm bringing store bought cole slaw. Lots of Beer. I will post a recipe after lunch sorry.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    pork butt
    apple wood chips
    rum/brown sugar/soy sauce/apple cider to glaze.

start fire, indirect heat, add soaked wood chips, spray pork with the ingredients above occasionally.

slow and low until it's falling apart. From there, do what you want with it. I prefer pulled, tossed in sauce, and nestled in a tortilla or on a sandwich.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken dip and chili are what we had last week!
  • _Krys10_
    Options
    pork butt
    apple wood chips

start fire, indirect heat, add soaked wood chips, spray pork with the ingredients above occasionally.

slow and low until it's falling apart. From there, do what you want with it. I prefer pulled, tossed in sauce, and nestled in a tortilla or on a sandwich.

Now my mouth is watering :tongue:
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Buffalo chicken dip and chili are what we had last week!

Ive had some really badass dips. One guy actually went as far as buying the cooked rotisserie chickens from the super market, removing the skin, and shredding it for the chicken in the dip. 8 guys went through two trays in the matter of 20 mins even with 4 pizzas and beer haha
  • CookNLift
    Options

I like Corona Light, with a lime, in a pink coozie with a big "K" on it :bigsmile:

The K coozie is cute.....if it were around a real beer it would be pretty damn awesome. I didn't think ppl still drank corona light outside of june and july lol
  • mcelysium
    mcelysium Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    pork butt
    apple wood chips

That sounds amazing!
  • _Krys10_
    Options

The K coozie is cute.....if it were around a real beer it would be pretty damn awesome. I didn't think ppl still drank corona light outside of june and july lol

I drink it with my pink sticking out too :neenerneener:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

boom roasted
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken mac and cheese!
  • _Krys10_
    Options

boom roasted

:sad: I am taking my ball and going home
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a common football food at our house. Sometimes homemade, sometime delivery, depending on how many other splurges we've had lately.

Homemade nachos or tacos are another. Or my simple nacho bites - fill Tostitoes scoops with a mix of seasoned mashed beans and shredded chicken, top with a jalapeno slice and some reduce fat shredded cheddar, bake until the cheese melts. Serve with salsa.

And dips of all sorts. I LOVE dips - guacamole, hummus, crab dip, onion dip, queso dip ...
  • CookNLift
    Options
    I want some badass recipes for dips ...i can cook anything but making a good football dip is like a fine art
  • _Krys10_
    Options
    I want some badass recipes for dips ...i can cook anything but making a good football dip is like a fine art

Have you been on Pinterest?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    1) Chicken wings (I grill mine, I've never been a fan of fried chicken). I usually marinate them in some buffalo sauce for several hours or overnight and then throw 'em on a hot grill.

2) slow smoked St. Louis ribs

3) slow cooked brisket

4) Burgers

5) Pizza

Of course, all washed down with copious amounts of craft beer...or sometimes PBR.