Potato Chip addiction - HELPPPPP

Options

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    How is it that you have arranged your life to be in the same room as a food over which you have no control? I don't have any danger foods like that anywhere near me.

this^^ if they aren't there , I won't eat it
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I Started eating Baked Potato chips its a great Alternative its crunchy and tastes pretty good.
  • jorpa99
    Options
    stop buying them and don't keep them in your house = problem solved...
    When a guy looks like this one you freakin listen! LOL no but seriously I know that I can not resist certain things so I avoid them. Like Olive Garden. I know there are healthy choices but I also know damn good and well I am ordering the Alfredo. So I don't even walk through the door!. You have to be in control of your choices. Not the other way around. Also if it is not hurting you (physically) then don't stress. But I know that food makes me feel like crap. Best of luck.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    There is a thread in the recipe section where someone is sharing a recipe for roasted green beans and says they taste like french fries so maybe give that a try.

yes these!!1 They are so good! Not as good as chips but a great alternative :)
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Make your own chips in the microwave...you can use potato but my favorite is sweet potato...slice them up thin...place on a paper towel in a single layer in the microwave and cook until crisp...I normally put them in for around 3 minutes..then you can spice them up as you see fit...way healthier than the store bought ones... Enjoy...
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Cold turkey, not cold turkey flavored chips, but just go cold turkey and not eat them anymore. That is the only way I could overcome. If they are in the house, I eat them. My husband buys them and hides them, and I find them. So, now he is not allowed to bring them in the house.

Chips, they should be a Schedule 4 drug.
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been doing so good eating healthy and watching my portions but the last few days I can't seem to get away from CHIPS!! Any suggestions on a good replacement/alternative that helps these cravings?

Wow I'm the same way. I wish an answer for us
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    love my chips,, I eat them all
    then go work out
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    First..Do not buy the chips or bring them in your home. Second find a healthier low calorie alternative to what you are truly craving. Be it crunch salt or whatever. I myself have switched to hot air popcorn and dried Veggies for my salt crunch chew fix, till you can gain some self control on portion size for your daily needs, if you choose to still include chips for your fuel for your body.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    make your own...

get a mandolin from wal-mart (they are like 10 bucks, the little non electric ones) slice a potato up real thin.. spray a cookie sheet with pam or whatever you use.. shake a little salt or spices on them. Bake them at 450 and watch them. Bake them until crispy. I flip in the middle and respray and resprinkle.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I eat the fat free sour cream & onion Pringles, they are very yummy, 70 calories a serving size which is 15 chips. =)
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've been doing so good eating healthy and watching my portions but the last few days I can't seem to get away from CHIPS!! Any suggestions on a good replacement/alternative that helps these cravings?

I know what you mean about chips. I was averaging appx. 30 "big" bags a month. For me, it was either lose weight, get fit, or inflate my balloon :wink: . Now when I shop I tease myself by going down the chip isle, say aw shucks and move on...sadly. :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I haven't found anything that helps with that craving. I've tried baked chips, pop chips... nope.

I haven't touched a chip in 8 months though. I'm not sure I'd be able not to eat the whole bag.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I still eat them as long as they fit into my diary for the day.

Have you tried the Special K chips? Those aren't too bad actually.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I eat low calorie ones, they have about 70 to 80 calories in a bag.

And sometimes I soak chickpeas in vinegar, then drain them and lightly salt them, spray with cooking spray and bake, they're lovely for the cinema.

Tear kale off their stocks and rub a little oil on and season - I like smoked paprika, black pepper and sea salt, this is amazing

Or bake thinly slices beets and sweet potatoes.

If you sprinkle with nutritional yeast and onion granules for the last couple of minutes, it's tasty too

Thank u for the idea on the chickpeas. What kind of vinegar and how long in the oven? Thanks!

I soak them in regular white vinegar, the same kind you'd use to clean with, and a little balsamic because I love it, it colours them a bit though. Soak them a few hours at least, or you could simmer them for ten minutes but it really smells out the house, ha! You can bake them to your liking, I do it about 25 minutes and they are still have a bit of a chew but are crunchy along the edges
  • joyride12
    Options
    Give it a few more days. Probable just your hormones acting up. Take some ice chips to work with you tomorrow and chomp on them or eat some peanut butter on celery. This too shall pass.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    If you want them, EAT THEM! Just don't eat a whole family-sized bag...try to keep it down to 100-200 calories. Check the serving size. Don't deny yourself, you'll just binge later.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Potato chips are my favourite food ever. I could eat them all day, every day.
    Eating them in moderation doesn't help either. Once you start, you can't stop.
    Try kumara (sweet potato) chips, they can be a lil better. Rice crackers?

I make my own chip alternative whenever I can, though its not the same.
    Slice up a potato (or 2) thinly, drizzle evoo, sprinkle salt and put in the oven til soft and crispy around the outside. Squeeze a little lemon or balsamic vinegar over them once they're done and stuff your face!
    Not the same, you don't get the satisfying crunch, but it'll do.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Try the special k cracker chips, they are yummy. You can also make sure you have the proportioned bags of chips and count the calories.
  • coreyiscrazyful
    Options
    I think a decent alternative would be popcorn, and so you don't over do it, get the 100 cal. packs. There is less fat and a bigger serving.