Cardio an 45 min a day and no weight loss :(

Options
2»

Replies

• jd0557533
    Options
    How do I get an accurate calorie burn when using cardio machines? Thank you lol I am stating what the doctor said. I know I am not obese, but I know I am overweight. at 190lbs at 5 5". I have extremely muscular legs and carry all of my weight in my mid section.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    1. There are other ways to calculate my calories other than MFP. I have kept a personal log.
    Heart rate monitor is the most accurate.
    2. Why is it unhealthy to exercise on under 1200 calories?

I'm not going to say it is or isn't, but according to your height/weight/age you could lose weight NETTING over 1500 calories per day... TDEE-20%
  • jd0557533
    Options
    hum...good to know. Ive seen/heard of a lot of people who like to do cardio on a completely empty stomach....not saying that it is a good thing. Thanks for all of your input. Very helpful:)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    hum...good to know. Ive seen/heard of a lot of people who like to do cardio on a completely empty stomach....not saying that it is a good thing. Thanks for all of your input. Very helpful:)

I pretty much do....

I get up in the morning, take my pre, and nothing else.
  • pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

^The big eye opener for me was that measuring cups are completely inaccurate for what is a serving.
    this.

Also 300 cal in 45 min is not high intensity cardio, and machines grossly overestimate calories burned. I'm not saying that to discourage you, but rather you shouldn't count it toward your food intake or tdee.