Red Wine Drinkers

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I LUV wine! We even took a trip to Napa Valley and visited all the wineries. I love Merlot and Pino Noir varieties. Of course I love it with cheese and grapes... mmmmmm.
  • vickilowell
    vickilowell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I actually really love it, have one glass most nights....it's my treat to myself. I have never seen either of the shows you are talking about and don't care what ANYONE thinks of me- lol. If there's a health benefit that's great but the benefit I enjoy is it is relaxing to me to have my glass while I wind down my day and make dinner for my family. To each his own of course. That being said, there are a LOT of BAD wines out there and I won't drink those.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    100% love it. Because when I don't like a particular one, I don't drink it. But I like most reds varietals. Some whites. And port wine. I don't like sweet wine (aside from port) and really dry whites. Every once in awhile I don't like a red. Or if the bottle has been open for more than a day and not refridgerated, I don't like it. I have a sensitive palate for wine gone bad.

I'm more picky with beer than wine, but I like beer too. Oh, and vodka and tequilla. But no scotch. Too strong.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    A good red wine (I prefer Cabs) for me is like chocolate for most woman. One sip and I'm calmer and happier. I am not fond of the taste of white wines. The only problem is that the starting price of a good Cab is about $40. So I don't drink as much wine as I'd like.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I really don't care for chocolate cake. But just because I don't like it, doesn't mean that I would suggest that the only reason anyone else might enjoy it is because they want to be "cool."

However, I get the feeling my post here is just troll food.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I drink it because I like it and I'm Italian...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I drink wine because I like to drink wine. I drink good wine when i can afford it, because I like it more and know the difference. I drink cheaper wine because sometimes I don't care.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    I think all alcohol tastes like Zeus's *kitten*.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My work here is done. I've changed the world!

Carry on.
    Since taste is not absolute (not everyone likes the same thing), your logic is flawed and invalid. You work here is only done in that you've proven you don't know what you're talking about.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It's incredible, I love it. Just goes down a bit too easy. I drink the cheap stuff, but if someone buys the expensive stuff, I'll drink that too
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I really don't care for chocolate cake. But just because I don't like it, doesn't mean that I would suggest that the only reason anyone else might enjoy it is because they want to be "cool."

However, I get the feeling my post here is just troll food.

i got that too. I feel so used. I think i'll go pour myself a glass of wine to make myself feel better. :wink:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Never even heard of Cougartown. What's that? TV programme?

I love red wine. I would drink it by the gallon if my system could handle the ABV and calories - sadly it's the alcohol that makes good wine taste good, so I'm forced to limit my intake.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I assume the OP hasn't enjoyed it much. Not everyone does like wine..I suggest you try a wine like bojelais nuveo(spelling?). Letting it breathe for a half hour isn't pretentious, its actually important for the taste.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    A lot of red wines don't taste nice to me.

But I just found a 2009 Syrah from a local vineyard (J. Fillippi) that is so damn delicious. I really like it and it is surprisingly affordable, only about $9/bottle!

That is a nice winery....they make a killer Chocolate Port.

As for enjoying Reds I was introduced through food pairings.
    Syrah and bbq, Merlot and Italian red sauces, also Chianti. Pino Noir with Orange duck, etc.

I find whites enjoyable in the summer and Reds in the winter.
    However I will have Reds in the summer.:bigsmile:

To answer the OP....yes some people are sheep....
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I like it when mixed with orange juice, and sometimes drink it plain for the distinct red wine buzz it gives me.