I finally had my eye-opening moment!! And lost 27 pounds!

Options
I have always been yo-yoing with my life, and it wasn't until I saw myself in a photo, and I was at the highest I had ever been. 245 POUNDS! I had gained so much weight.. I usually stayed around 225 but for some reason I just could not control it. I saw myself in this photo and I said wow... I am getting huge. AND IT JUMP STARTED MY LIFE! I used to have eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast for breakfast, and now just a Chobani and granola is enough for me. I used to have an entire box of Domino's pizza to myself, and now I don't even crave it! I used to eat 2-3 bowls a cereal in one sitting for breakfast... Man has my life changed. It took me a while but slow and steady wins the race. I have a long way ahead of me but I am proud of where I am. I am excited to continue to see the changes on me, because it feels great. :)

fdcc49b1-3563-432e-91fe-8b68c745f903_zps0a75ffca.jpg

Replies

• kramalicious
    Options
    Way to go, you are looking good and have come a long way. You are inspiring. Keep up the good work!
  • RoboTrish
    RoboTrish Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!

I can completely relate to you. Literally everything you said about not craving bad food anymore and being fine with eating a healthy breakfast. I think the most magical part of losing weight when you are a food addict (I know I am) is when you realize that you now care more about the nutrition of what you're eating, than how tasty it is and how much more of it you would like to eat.

That has been the biggest eye opener for me.

keep it up, we'll reach healthy weights and learn so much about ourselves and our bodies in the process!
  • whisker84
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great. Did you follow the MFP guidelines or something else?
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go!
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Really be proud of what you have acheived! you're looking fab!
  • samanthasky
    samanthasky Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you are looking good and have come a long way. You are inspiring. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much! It means a lot to me.
  • samanthasky
    Options
    This is awesome!!

I can completely relate to you. Literally everything you said about not craving bad food anymore and being fine with eating a healthy breakfast. I think the most magical part of losing weight when you are a food addict (I know I am) is when you realize that you now care more about the nutrition of what you're eating, than how tasty it is and how much more of it you would like to eat.

That has been the biggest eye opener for me.

keep it up, we'll reach healthy weights and learn so much about ourselves and our bodies in the process!

Thank you! And I know! Just the thought of having something bad just takes the whole craving away. I had ice cream with brownie mixed in it the other day and I got so sick! It was so not worth it!
  • samanthasky
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great. Did you follow the MFP guidelines or something else?

Thank you! And I started off using the MFP guidelines but I knew how many calories I was tracking so I became a bit tedious tracking the same breakfast and dinner everyday. But not much has changed! I still eat around 1200-1300 calories.
  • samanthasky
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go!

Thank you so much!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! That was my "A HA" moment, as well...just recently had a company picnic and although I tried my best to hide from being photographed, the pictures were posted online and there were several of me - from the back and the side. And I thought, "WOW - so THAT'S what everyone else sees??" It jump started me, as well. You look fantastic - keep it going!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic; keep at it!
  • callmehoots
    callmehoots Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, thank you for sharing!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Great job!

You should be very proud of yourself! There's a huge difference already.

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • fat2fabuless
    Options
    I'm happy for you. It's a great feeling girl! keep it up
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yes! Congrats you are looking so great!!
  • meech2sandy
    Options
    Good Job-You are doing great and look it as well. And yes slow and steady is the key!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!