Are you a sweet nut or loveeee apple pie?

Options
Well I posted a topic that had information about cinnamon. Well A girl posted a similar snack I had suggested.

Chop an apple into a bowl sprinkle it with splenda and cinnamon and put it in the microwave for 130 seconds or 1 1/2 mins. She said it tasted like the apples in the middle of apple pie. OMG I just made it and I couldnt believe it!! It still had a crisp to it too!! I wanted chocholate so bad and this curbed that by like 10000000!

Replies

• Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good! Did you use Granny Smith apples?
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    mmmm i saw that in Shape magazine but have yet to try it... they suggested walnuts on top!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    No I used honey crisp apple bc thats what I brang to work. Basically a regular apple from Jewel!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    mmmm walnuts would have been great! I feel like I am cheating!! Thats how good it is!
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    YUM! I am so making this for my evening snack!!!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    My mom used to bake granny smiths cut in half with cinn sugar(can sub splenda) and Mountain Dew, wrapped with a crossant. They were AMAZING, but I don't know the cals on them.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOOOO gonna try this next time I have a sweet tooth!
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I make that all the time, too. Also you can add raisins and rolled oats.
  • ohmohner
    ohmohner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    its so true!! I do that all the time!! then if you reaaaaaaaaaaaallly want it to taste like apple pie, sprinkle a little bit of maple & brown sugar oatmeal on it. YUM!
  • desp8housewife
    desp8housewife Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well I posted a topic that had information about cinnamon. Well A girl posted a similar snack I had suggested.

Chop an apple into a bowl sprinkle it with splenda and cinnamon and put it in the microwave for 130 seconds or 1 1/2 mins. She said it tasted like the apples in the middle of apple pie. OMG I just made it and I couldnt believe it!! It still had a crisp to it too!! I wanted chocholate so bad and this curbed that by like 10000000!

I used the splenda brown sugar blend and added cinnamon.... baked them.... I used the granny smith apples... sooo good.
  • desp8housewife
    desp8housewife Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    oops.....
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    My 13yo and I made it last night and it was delish! We sprinkled 1 packet of Splenda on each cut up Roma apple, some cinnamon to our liking and microwaved for 2 minutes...will definitely make again! So easy!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    I just added this to my mornig oatmeal!! Very filling :) yum!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Made this this morning after seeing the suggestion on here. OMG it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    :)
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    I had this for lunch, together with a banana and a protein bar many times, and it was very filling and I felt like I was cheating!
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    sooo good I made it last night, but I'm against splenda, so I just used agave nectar, which has some calories, but tastes a thousand times better. Either way its still a healthy and UNBELIEVABLY delicious snack