best protein bars and shakes out there

Options
2»

Replies

• ChrisMundie
    ChrisMundie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like the Raw protein powders. I just started using them and I think they are great and vegan to boot. I mean its not like cruelty would improve the flavor of protein shakes... Seriously.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007S6Y74O/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?qid=1378268324&sr=8-2
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna Protein bars. The cookie dough is my favorite.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Quest bars especially chocolate chip cookie dough. yum!
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love the BSC Cookies and Cream, and Cherry Bite protein bars. Also, the Musashi Berry flavoured mass gain bar is tasty.
  • Micheles1320
    Options
    Try Kate Farms Komplete. It’s a gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free meal replacement shake. It has 19g of protein (pea and brown rice protein), only 330 calories, and 21 superfoods. I have tried other shakes like Orgain and Svelte and they just don’t compare to this one. I think this is the first protein shake that I actually crave because it tastes so good! I am a full-time student so I don’t have much time between classes to eat a full meal. I’ll bring a Komplete with me, drink it between classes, and it actually fills me up and keeps me going for several hours. I get mine from a local health food store, but you can easily find them at Super Supplements, Vitamin Shoppe, or a variety of other stores. They are also having a promotion right now where you can get 15% off of your online order when you buy through their website. Just enter the code KFFIT2 at checkout. Good luck!
  • CantStopWontStop92
    Options
    Chocolate brownie Quest bars, omnomnomnom:)
  • bananasyousay
    Options
    Quest bars, Luna bars, Lara bars (not really protein bars but because of the nuts and peanut butter in a lot of them, they have a fairly decent amount of protein).
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Quest bars and I can't wait for my box of Double Chocolate Chunk bars
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hey, Rosemary --

I'm using Jay Robb's Whey Vanilla Protein to make a breakfast shake. (They come in other flavors, but for what I blend in, vanilla seems to be the best for me.) This brand has 25 grams of protein per serving, is lactose free, gluten-free, fat free, sugar free, no aspartame, no artificial colors/flavors/sweeteners, no casein, no msg, and is made with Stevia. I got it at GNC but you can find it online or at Amazon, as well.

Every morning, I blend 1 scoop of the protein powder with about 1/4 cup (just eyeballing, not measuring) of unsweetened Silk Almond Milk Vanilla, 5-6 ice cubes, and about 2 tsp (again, eyeballing) of Crystal Light cherry pomegranate. It blends up thick and frothy like a shake and I drink it while I'm driving to work.
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Quest bar fan here!! LOVE White Chocolate Raspberry!!!!
  • Grammie4VT
    Grammie4VT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are by far the best protein bars out there!
  • shellymkmatthews
    Options
    I love Quest bars..... 160 to 200 cals and about 20 grams protein... I order them online...
    quest bars are the s×°t! They have low net carbs bc the fiber is so high, a great amount of protein, and it utilizes sugar alcohols so it won't spike your blood sugar levels. And they taste Yum!
  • Courtnee80
    Courtnee80 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think plant fusion and vega are both good but I've only tried the chocolate flavor. I like the nuGo organic and KIND bars
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars..... 160 to 200 cals and about 20 grams protein... I order them online...

Is it cheaper to buy them online?
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    quest bars are the s×°t! They have low net carbs bc the fiber is so high, a great amount of protein, and it utilizes sugar alcohols so it won't spike your blood sugar levels. And they taste Yum!

Think thin bars are good too, they also use sugar alcohol, have 20g protein and you can get them at walmart or cvs or target
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Quest bar fan here!! LOVE White Chocolate Raspberry!!!!

These are my absolute favorite too!