Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Hey everyone!

I just started taking Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract today and can already tell a difference! When I usually get home from work I eat a lot of food and crave sweets all the time. I've only taken one pill today, late this afternoon, and when I got home I only ate a small dinner and still feel full and have no cravings for anything else hours later! I hope it keeps working like this and I see some weight loss from this supplement. Has anyone else tried taking this? and what were your results? interested in hearing from you all :)

Brittany

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    In my experience, appetite suppressants/diet pills "work" for about a week and a half, two weeks tops. Then they lose their effectiveness and you gain back all the weight you lost and then some. I wouldn't bother with them. Learn to control yourself and your cravings so you lose weight and keep it off instead of yo-yo dieting with magic pills.
  • dlittlebear
    dlittlebear Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    your cravings and be induced by gut bacteria, keeping low carb/low sugar diet for a few days should help kill off those bacterias that are causing the cravings and not need a pill to help. some quick googling also states adding more probiotics might help too.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You will get thinner....in your wallet

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188147

" Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo."
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    So what are you going to do when you get to your goal weight an stop taking it?

Yep, that's right. Gain all your weight back, plus probably a few extra pounds.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    HCA, even when provided in large quantities, does not increase total fat oxidation in vivo in endurance-trained humans.
    --http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/72/6/1445.full
    Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.
    --http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188147
    The evidence from RCTs suggests that Garcinia extracts/HCA generate weight loss on the short term. However, the magnitude of this effect is small, is no longer statistically significant when only rigorous RCTs are considered, and its clinical relevance seems questionable. Future trials should be more rigorous, longer in duration, and better reported.
    --http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jobes/2011/509038/

Edited to add a further quote from that Journal of Obesity article:
    Most (7/12) RCTs reported adverse events, with headache, nausea, upper respiratory, and gastrointestinal tract symptoms being the most frequent ones. In most of the trials, there were no significant differences in adverse events between HCA and placebo. This seems to corroborate the report in another article [34] which suggested that HCA is safe for human consumption. A few of the studies reported a positive effect of HCA on the blood lipid profile [6, 24, 29–31], while one did not find any significant difference between HCA and placebo on this blood parameter [2]. However, given the short duration of the studies involving the use of HCA, it is unclear how safe this dietary supplement is on the intermediate and long term. In 2009, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned consumers about the potential for serious adverse effects associated with the consumption of hydroxycut, a popular HCA-containing slimming pill. This resulted in the withdrawal of this supplement from the market [35].

--Me, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1089891-heard-of-this-garcinia-cambogia-60
  • SunShine200837
    SunShine200837 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been on Garcinia Cambogia for little more than a month now with no adverse affects and appetite and cravings are still suppressed. I understand the points that some of the responses you have been given are making but I think the main point is to learn to control our diets and learn to exercise more so that when we come off of garcinia should we chose to, we will be able to avoid rebounding to our prior ways that got us overweight to begin with. I see Garcinia as an aid to overcome some bad habits and eating behaviors till new healthy behaviors replace them. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this is mine. Hope this helps.
  • amie709
    Options
    The thing that scares me about pills like this is when people take them without doing other things. If your seriously looking to lose weight then nutrition and exercise has got to be the center of that. Because it will help get the weight off, help keep it off, help you get healthier and help you feel better. Honestly, I feel bad for people who lose weight without exercising. I started this at 270 lbs. I couldn't jump or run on the spot-even going up the stairs in my house was an effort!! There are times now when I finish an intense workout and I cry!! I'm not kidding I seriously cry because I just did jumping jacks and I just did burpees and push ups and I feel amazing cause I can do it!!! So, first-to each his own and if that's how you want to do it then you are more then entitled to do it your way!! We all do it our own way!! But, to help keep it off and really get healthy you should really think about the nutrition and exercise part.
  • ballerina_tea
    ballerina_tea Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My mom bought a whole bunch of these pills. I felt kinda bad, but am not one to talk. But hey, once she tires of taking them I might give it a whirl on fast days and see if it does anything. :P As long as they're not hurting anything....right?
  • 4Shantel4
    4Shantel4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    my cousin has been using this product for about 2 months.. she has dropped 28 lbs.. her eating habits are great, she drinks at least a gallon of water a day, and she exercises for 1 to 1.5 hours each morning... I am with her most of the time so I know her habits.. The main thing is she has changed and adapted a healthier lifestyle.. just adding my 2 cents..
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    your cravings and be induced by gut bacteria, keeping low carb/low sugar diet for a few days should help kill off those bacterias that are causing the cravings and not need a pill to help. some quick googling also states adding more probiotics might help too.
    This is very interesting and helpful. No wonder Dr Oz or whoever is interested in it.
    Think weight loss tea or laxative tea.
    I'd rather drink tea.