My journey so far........(pic heavy)

Options
My journey began May 5th 2008. My daughter was 7 months old and I weighed 194 lbs at 5'3". I was in a size 16pants, XL shirt, even an 18 sometimes, although I will say I wore my clothes looser then than I do now, so it's just a guess. I began counting calories (1200 per day) and exercising, and at her 1st bday I weighed 138. I got down to 125 by around Christmas 08, so 69 lbs in a little less than 7 months. At that point I was wearing about a 5, sometimes a 3, or even a 7, and I even have 2 pairs of 1/2s that fit great then, and size S shirts.

I had my son in March 2010, and was 158 lbs within a few weeks of his birth. I was about a size 9 or 11 then. I will say I have not been nearly as dedicated to losing weight this time, however, I have lost 27 lbs so far, and am currently 131 lbs. I fit in *most* of my clothes from before I was pregnant, although they are snugger around the waist than before. I am currently a size 5 or 7, S shirts, although I will say I wore my 1/2s the other day and they weren't very snug at all-no muffin top! YAY!

I WILL continue to lose until I reach my goal of 110, however, I plan on reevaluating at 120 to see if I am happy there. I am really small boned, with a size 4.5 ring finger, and bony wrists, haha. So I really do show ANY extra weight. Sorry for the novel!

I am so thankful for MFP and I know I will continue to lose if I stick to this site! Good luck to everyone on this journey! Here's the pics-

My daughter was about 6 wks old here-194 lbs

DSC01090.jpg

At 125 in Dec 2008

Side

DSCN0405.jpg

Front

DSCN0409.jpg

In April 2010 158 lbs

DSCN5571.jpg

Today 131 lbs

Side

DSCN7292.jpg

Front

DSCN7291.jpg

Replies

• tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    WOW!!! Awesome job, you look so AMAZING.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations girlie! You look fantastic!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • nonnahs413
    nonnahs413 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome! You and I are about the same body build, so it gives me more of a visual of what I hope to acheive. I started at 230lbs/ 5'2" was wearing a size 16/18 XL/XXL. Today I am down to 177, wearing a size 14and Med. I have recently undergone a breast reduction and lift and also I was cursed with a blob after giving birth to my two kids, so I had a tummy tuck done as well. I hope that it will give me the encouragement to continue on my journey. I would love to get to 130lbs. You have give me more encouragement after reading your blog! Keep up the awesome work, and thnak you for sharing your story1
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Great job and congrats on being so open about your journey!:drinker:
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Girl, you did GOOD!
  • Sailor26
    Sailor26 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Very very nice! WTG!
  • lynne_cook
    Options
    Great job,you should be proud!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Holy....wow!! :noway: You look amazing!!!!! GREAT JOB!! :flowerforyou:
  • coastalstorm25
    Options
    Keep up the great work!! Even if you are not into weight loss as you were before..any type of activity is great for you..think - going for walks with the kids or playing with them at the park...you may not be able to calculate calories...but you can count on the quality time with your kids.
    Good luck...ps I love the photos..thanks for sharing! :)
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look amazing girl!! You have sooo much to be proud of!!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Amazing, that is great. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Totally hot...and I mean that in a 100% respectful way.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    You look gorgeous! You've done a fantastic job! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Ubiguchi
    Options
    Wow. Good going there, girl.
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic!
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good work!! You have to feel great :)) Even during your 'heavy' times, you carried your weight very well. You look great!!
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    great job...love the progress pics!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!