15 days , dont go over sugar intake goal. Who's in!?

Options
2»

Replies

• pureirishman
    pureirishman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2 down, 13 to go!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Just stop tracking sugar, done!

Yay! The voice of reason. :flowerforyou:
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit, and that puts me over the MFP magic sugar cap frequently. I've also lost over 10% of my body weight eating this way (and drinking wine daily). IMHO I don't believe that sugar is the dietary equal to punching babies, killing puppies, or tripping old ladies. For me, it's moderation, balance, and honest tracking, not restricting specific things like sugar, fat or carbs.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    No reason to limit sugars, just watch your calorie intake. There's really no point in demonizing foods or macros.
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My Goal intake has been 35 but that means no fruit or no recovery drink. Only 12 more days left. :-)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My sugar goal is 150 grams.

Same. 150 I can do, 35g a day is a recipe for dietary adherence disaster for 99% of people.

I like the taste (and fibre) of fruit and cereal... not to mention icecream.
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My goal for sugar 25 and I am sticking to that for last weeks. Feeling good.
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    How is everyone? Still hanging there?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone over 150 grams this month!
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've stayed well under 50g of sugar a day since this thread started. I don't see a problem keeping up with that, its not that hard to do. Just cut out the excessive stuff.

Yeah, it's not that hard to do when you don't eat any fruits and not many vegetables...
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I always go over on sugar........A few fruits here and there, and that's it, Im over!

Good luck though : )
  • Alyshe
    Options
    Only five more days :-) And not doing to bad :-)
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm confused, why not count total carbs instead of tracking sugar? What would it matter how much sugar you had if it were already being controlled in carb count (unless diabetic)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    So no fruit huh? No thanks...that **** is actually good for you...
  • Alyshe
    Options
    Yesterday was the last day of not going over sugar.
    I started this after I made a bunch of no bake cookies and ate a ton of them. lol. I think that it was fun! I would do this again sometime. :-) I never really tracked my sugar intake before so I learned quick that it was recovery drink or fruit. lol. That part was not always fun. lol

Would you do the sugar challenge again?

for those of you that were wondering this sugar challenge was just not going over your own personal sugar limit. :-)