When did you first see a difference

catcrazy
catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I have a long way to go yet but have so far lost 12lbs in 4 weeks. I haven't noticed any difference yet. The tape measure used to vary greatly anyway so I can't go by that. I'm just wondering when anyone else that was 75lbs + over, first noticed, how many pounds made a noticeable difference by sight or clothing?

Really am hoping to see some difference soon, or i'll start thinking the scales are telling me lies lol

Replies

• I am wondering as well. LOL! I will be following your thread for answers.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    My goal is 62 lbs and I first noticed the difference at about 19 lbs. I remember my sister and I were in my car and I looked down and said - Wow - my tummy is farther from the steering wheel! She agreed and we had a laugh!
  • yeah I agree.... 20lbs
  • Well, I've lost 17 pounds now and it's been a little over a month. Last Sunday at church my MIL asked me if I was losing weight because I look a lot thinner :) That's the first anyone (besides my husband and a couple of ppl that are MFP friends that already know) has said anything about my weight. And then my uncle asked me on Monday :) So I guess it's finally starting to show on me.. Yay!!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    I first really noticed at around 20 pounds. I was still fat but my clothes fit so much better. It really made a big difference to me. Other people didn't really notice until I lost 30 pounds! Now I've lost 40 and most people notice.

The biggest difference for me was at the halfway mark. I could start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    I really started to notice the difference at 20lbs also.
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    It all just depends on how much you really need to lose. I have lost 12 lbs, and i noticed a difference at like 8 pounds. I don't really need to lose much. But I am shooting for 20 lbs.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    For me it was when I had lost 17 pounds and then when I had lost 25 lbs. started having tons of remarks from others.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    When I lost 25 is when I really noticed. I actually fit into the new work uniforms we got at my job that were much more fitted than they previously were. I finally realized that my body was actually changing.
  • My uniform pants were a little loose this week.
  • alan79
    alan79 Posts: 22 Member
    I would agree around the 20 pound mark. I was in New York and the hotel had a full length mirror (I dont have one at home) and a realised my trousers were hanging off me, so went out and bought a belt. :D

Felt really good . Currently lost 77 pounds since starting and nothing fits. I used to be a skater in the 90's so always liked baggy clothes anyway ;D
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    I have a lot to lose so I noticed it at about 10 pounds, when I decided to try different sized jeans. Now those jeans are already starting to feel big on me.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    I'd go with the consensus of right around 20 lbs or so. I lost around 30 before joining MFP and I started to notice a real difference around 20. I'm at the point now that every 5 pounds or so really show....
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Thanks for the replies.

I'll be looking forward to the 20lb loss then. Hopefully it shifts from my middle, that's the area that really bugs me.
This discussion has been closed.