Not sure where to post this

Options
doc19822
doc19822 Posts: 83 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
And let me assure you this is not a excuse on my end. I am very serious about doing this. I am kind of lsot with some of the different tools here. But one thought is bothering me, when i lose this weight (200 pounds at least) will my skin shirk with the weight loss? I am soon to be 49 and it maybe a vanity thing, and I would like to believe it has no bearing, but I guess in a way it does.

Replies

• bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    And let me assure you this is not a excuse on my end. I am very serious about doing this. I am kind of lsot with some of the different tools here. But one thought is bothering me, when i lose this weight (20o pounds at least) will my skin shirk with the weight loss? I am soon to be 49 and it maybe a vanity thing, and I would like to believe it has no bearing, but I guess in a way it does.

That's only 10 kg. I reckon you'll shrink. Could be a bit of lag though. :p
  • samammay
    Options
    Depends on a number of factors including genetics, how long your skin has been stretched, the speed in which you lose weight and luck. :)
  • sj_1970
    Options
    Drink a lot of water.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    And let me assure you this is not a excuse on my end. I am very serious about doing this. I am kind of lsot with some of the different tools here. But one thought is bothering me, when i lose this weight (20o pounds at least) will my skin shirk with the weight loss? I am soon to be 49 and it maybe a vanity thing, and I would like to believe it has no bearing, but I guess in a way it does.

That's only 10 kg. I reckon you'll shrink. Could be a bit of lag though. :p

No it's closer to 90kgs not 10.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    your skin does shrink, but you have to work out.
    walking will help.
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    I was 300 plus lbs for about 15 years and still very heavy another 5 years before that. I am surprised at some of the areas that my skin is pulling back together. I can tell that it won't on my lower belly or my man-boobs. They are shrinking, but not like I would hope. My wife comments about how my butt has completely changed shape and now looks like a real butt. Over all I am not too worried about it as I know that I look far better than I did before this journey started.
This discussion has been closed.