I'm new here!!

Options
Hi everyone! :)
I recently have been totally fed up with my body. I am 5'9" and weigh 230lbs. I weighed 190lbs before having my daughter who is now 2 years old. I was 275lbs the day I went to the hospital to have her and I was 200lbs when I left the hospital, talk about some water weight. My weight has slowly been climbing since then, but mostly when I had PPD after she was born.
My goal right now is 190lbs which I was a size 12 then.
I am now keeping track of my calories and am eating between 1200-1300 a day. I have also cut out soda and am drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. I am also taking a multivitamin along with a B12 vitamin.
I have been doing this for 5 days now and I already feel better about myself. I have more energy and have been spending a lot of time outside playing with my daughter.
On Thursday I started out at 232 lbs and now I am at 230lbs.
I am excited to keep this up!! I just ordered the 30 Day Shred off of Amazon, along with a body tape measure so I can record my results.

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Welcome, good for you, just stick to what your doing and more and more weight will come off! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    Congrats to you on your success so far! Keep with it ur doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Seems your on the right path! Remember you have a new child so don't get down when you have a bad day or don't get to exercises. Stay at home, Dad, know how putting child 1st 100%, plus little sleep and having little time for your own well being.
    Mine is almost 3 yrs and finally getting some time for me!
    Small steps are a good start don't get frustrated,just keep striving ahead,before you know it you begin to look and feel differant.good luck!:smile:
  • juic77
    juic77 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Darcibean! Welcome to MFP:) I'm 5'8 and was near 230 about a year and a half ago, and I'm around your goal weight now. It'll take some time, but don't lose focus, and we're all hear for ya! I've lost my weight by doing a few major things:

-Not drinking calories (drinking lots of water, splenda sweetened tea & coffee, and diet soda sparingly)
    -Cooking more nutritious meals at home (with lean meats, veggies and whole grains)
    -Not eating much bread or flour products
    -Increasing my daily physical activity
    -Eating a good breakfast every day

Your goal is definitely acheivable, so I wish you luck! Look forward to seeing more of your posts on here.
  • havfaith
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey!
  • darcibean
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am loving this website :) It's so easy to track what I eat and actually see what I'm eating.
  • doris_day
    doris_day Posts: 159
    Options
    Welcome - this site is really incredible and supportive.
  • ropicrdo
    Options
    I joined a week ago and I have lost five pounds. The people on this site are just as supportive as the tool to aid you with weight loss. You are starting out really good, just keep it up.
  • froggyroe
    Options
    Hey Darci I'm new here too I'm motivated to shed some pounds!!!! I'm sure I will see you around and You Can Do Anything!!!