Staying Consistent

Options
2»

Replies

• 1111ace
    1111ace Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key man and patience is the hardest thing to have
    but the most important thing we need,no matter what the goal is.
    Good luck man!

Thank you. "Rome definitely wasn't built in a day", at least the health benefits are instant, though they are often the underlying situation we can't feel or see.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Something that works for me.
    Every morning I tell myself :

I just need to do this for one day. I can do anything for one day.
    It's only 24 hours. One day One day One day.

If you have enough one days in a row, pretty soon you hit Won Day!

It makes a difference for me.

Good luck on your journey.
  • purple44444
    purple44444 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't always record calories when I've given myself a "free" day or it's just a bad day that goes downhill and turns into a free day! Then I feel like I can start fresh the next day and ignore all the food I ate the day before!
  • elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well - I truly believe that the diet drinks can cause bloating. I stopped drinking it about three months ago. I am not saying that this is evident - but at the moment with a good scale - proper control of portion sizes and avoiding junk wherever possible plus walkiing I am losing an average of one pound per day!! And I am 65 years old. I could not lose before.

But I wanted to tell you that when my family are pushed and want a Macdonalds - I still join in!! - not every week.

It is staying watchful each day that pays off - but if you do not stray then you do not stay consistent because you have to have some behaviour thing to correct and this gives you the motivation to go on.
  • Kitpurr
    Kitpurr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't expect yourself to be successful overnight, the important thing is to keep trying. It is very easy to get demotivated when you've had a big blow out and gone over your calories for the day. Cut yourself some slack, after all it took years of bad habits to put the weight on and habits don't just disappear instantaneously.

Choose to make good habits instead. Log everyday, before you eat. "Bad" foods are less alluring when you know how much they're going to cost you. That said, sometimes it's worth it. Don't deprive yourself of everything otherwise it gets too hard.

Do get a digital scale and find a spot for it on your kitchen bench. If you consistently misjudge your portion sizes you're going to get nowhere fast.

Do get the phone app so you can add in stuff when you're out and about(you'll likely forget it by the time you get home otherwise).

Do check into the community once a day. Add friends and make your diary viewable to the public. Being accountable to someone is pretty helpful.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, but a pound a day seems a bit much!

Well - I truly believe that the diet drinks can cause bloating. I stopped drinking it about three months ago. I am not saying that this is evident - but at the moment with a good scale - proper control of portion sizes and avoiding junk wherever possible plus walkiing I am losing an average of one pound per day!! And I am 65 years old. I could not lose before.

But I wanted to tell you that when my family are pushed and want a Macdonalds - I still join in!! - not every week.

It is staying watchful each day that pays off - but if you do not stray then you do not stay consistent because you have to have some behaviour thing to correct and this gives you the motivation to go on.
  • dpcdpjm
    Options
    I love that! And it's so true! with every lb lost, I feel smaller, lighter, and just so much more confident. And a good diet and exercise does wonders for my attitude. I'm just overall much happier.....food didn't do that for me. :wink:
  • jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Totally agree with the above. Also, I have certain foods that I eat every single day. Healthy foods, that I love and don't look at as deprivation that I'm eating in place of something else. Find some of these to work into your diet. It also makes for quick food logging, which makes being a consistent logger that much easier.

Thank you. What foods do you eat that are easy options to replace bad ones? I know that keeping a nutrition journal helps a ton. I lost a lot of weight last year thanks to it. This site is a great resource for that. I had no idea till yesterday.

I'm not the OP of that reply, but I totally agree with her! There are some foods that are my go-to when I don't want to feel like I'm depriving myself but still keep eating healthy. The foods come and go as I find something I love and then I eat it a bunch, but right now I'm doing a lot of smoothies. I use almond milk and a frozen banana (plus berries, or pumpkin, or whatever) and the texture is like a milkshake. Super filling and sweet and satisfies my dessert-y cravings every time. Another one is spaghetti squash in place of noodles. I know it's not exactly the same, but with sauce and cheese it's close enough to satisfy my spaghetti cravings :)
This discussion has been closed.