Breakfast protein shake!

Options
Just a mix i been drinking for a while for morning recovery. If short on time and in a rush whip this together and it will keep you satisfied till lunch guaranteed. Never skip a breakfast or any meal for that matter!
1-1/2 scoops vanilla vitamin shoppe whey protein
10-15oz water
handfull of ice
1/2 cup frozen unsweetend strawberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup raw oatmeal
1-med size banana (optional if your watching carbs dont add, but really helps make shake so creamy and delicious)
couple dashes cinammon

Blend in blender on low to smoothie consistency awesome pre workout shake and even if not working out awesome breakfast for protein intake and lots of vitamins and nutrients.
378 calories
35g protein-awesome ;)
62 carbs-39 carbs w/o banana-
4g good Fat!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I am planning on having a protein shake for dinner (hubby has car & is working late, and honestly what mom wants to cook for just herself & a toddler?)
    I just wanted to ask what purpose the oatmeal serves? I have some kashi vanilla instant oatmeal that I could throw in, along with frozen fruit, just wondering what the benefits are of doing that.
  • Markymark1
    Options
    I hear that bout cooking for yourself, i have also had this shake for dinner and is a good way for your body to break protein down while you sleep and wont wake up so hungry you eat the whole pantry. Oatmeal provides you with lots of different fiber,few grams of protein also used as a filler makes you fell fuller longer in a healty way. Just my .02.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    sounds great! Thanks for posting.
    D
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Thanks for that. Will try adding oatmeal to my shake tonight. Do you cook it first or just throw it in?
  • Markymark1
    Options
    Just throw it in raw!
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal reduces cholesterol. The instant stuff is not as good as the slow-cooking stuff. It's been stripped of most of its fiber. I think the instant also has lots of sugar. The flavored oatmeal packets definitely have a truckload of sugar.

This shake has three food groups and qualifies as a meal: grain, dairy, and fruit.

Good one. Thanks for posting.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I ended up cooking my oatmeal first. I had to pull the other ingredients together anyway. I thought it would be grainy, but I didn't even notice it in there. Mine was:
    1 cup frozen mixed fruit
    1 banana
    1 cup lactose-free fat free milk
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein
    1 packet cooked kashi vanilla oatmeal

Total cals: 571, protein: 44.5, fiber: 12, sugar: 48 (19 of it from fruit, 12 from the milk, and the rest from the kashi oatmeal)

thanks for helping me stomach my whey protein. I've really been struggling with this vanilla one since I got it, but mixing it with fruit & stuff really helped!
  • kickash
    Options
    i've found that the best tasting protein shakes so far is vanilla ice cream or chocolate by Syntha6. They have a few more calories, but it's totally worth the taste.