Asthma?

Options
I started having what seems to be asthma attacks when doing cardio.... It is driving me crazy having to stop to catch my breath. Is this normal? I've never been diagnosed with asthma or anything. I used to not do this until recently......

Replies

• Sueb1420
    Sueb1420 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exercise induced asthma is asthma that is triggered by vigorous or prolonged exercise or physical exertion. There are many people without chronic asthma who develop symptoms only during exercise. I was diagnosed in my late 30’s and have had off and on asthma issues since. A Dr or Allergist can test and prescribe what would be best for you. For a short time I used an inhaler 30 mins before exercise. I no longer need it. Also apples have quercetin which is really good for asthma.
  • CantStopWontStop92
    Options
    I swear I should be America's Ashtma Sweetheart:) haha I've had it my whole life and then spontaneous pneumothoraces on top of that. I've tried just about every inhalant out there because yeah, it's really taken a toll on my cardio workouts! Like the other responder, I found one that I can use 30 minutes before and it buys me about an hour or so of not feeling like I'm going to suffocate. Talk to your pulmonologist, be sensitive to how medications are affecting you, and be patient! It took me about 3 years to finally find something that worked for me. Best of luck:)
  • ky_pry
    ky_pry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh wow.... Thank you for the suggestions. I am going to try using the inhaler before workouts.